According to research carried out by Econsultancy in spring 2020, nearly half (47%) of UK marketers had to cut budgets in the months following the Covid-19 outbreak. By July, nearly two-thirds (66%) were reporting reducing budget for new hires.
In times of crisis, the best course of action is to dial up marketing activity rather than go into hibernation. But how is this possible with squeezed budgets and reduced resources?
Econsultancy’s Optimising Marketing Spend Best Practice Guide provides guidance about how to thrive despite budget cuts during these ‘unprecedented times’. It includes tips on how to get the most out the channels being used, and how to restructure teams to work as effectively as possible, also covering:
- How to get the right mix of channels and avoid spreading resources too thinly
- Seven steps to building a data strategy that delivers customer insight
- How to get the most out of training and leverage existing expertise in the organisation
- How to get teams on board
- Case studies and best practice tips from brands including Cadbury’s, Majestic Wine and Duracell.
To access all of our premium content, including invaluable research, insights, elearning, data and tools, you need to be a subscriber.
Explore our subscription options and get instant access for you, your team and your organisation to a wealth of resources designed to help you achieve excellence in marketing.View our subscription options