This section of Econsultancy’s newly-updated Paid Search Marketing (PPC) Best Practice Guide covers Google Shopping.
Built on the foundations of our previous report, this document has been created and updated using insight, tips, strategies and tactics from those working every day in the paid search field and generating profits for their clients.
This guide contains actionable, real-world insight with detailed explanations to help you start and improve your performance within paid search.
Topics covered in this section
Areas covered in this section include:
- Eligibility / getting started with Google Shopping
- Getting products to appear in the search results
- Shopping campaigns in practice
- Shopping campaign considerations
- Campaign priority: high-, medium- and low-priority Shopping campaigns
- Shopping campaign structure
- Bing shopping campaigns
- Making the most of your product advertising
- Customer match targeting
- Shopping ads on image search
As well as this section, the guide is available in its entirety as a 400-page report, or in nine other individual sections. See the main report page for details.
This guide has been put together and updated by Rob Jones, an experienced digital consultant and owner of Romor Digital, with the assistance of leading agencies and practitioners working at the coalface of paid search. They have kindly contributed their time and effort in producing this guide.
Lead contributing author
- Judith Lewis, Founder of Decabbit Consultancy
Contributing authorsNeil Hancock, Head of Optimisation and Planning at Silverbean.
- Kevin Joyner, Director of Planning and Insight at Croud
- Paul Kasamias, Head of Performance Media, Starcom/Performics
- Sophie Kleiner, Head of Search, NMPi
- Tom Lewis, Head of Professional Services, DC Storm
- Hannah Mattinson, Senior Paid Marketing Manager, Silverbean
- David McDiarmid, Head of Paid Search, DigitasLBi
- Oscar Romero, Head of Performance Media, Mediavest/Performics
- Sam Vandermark, Associate Director – Digital, The Specialist Works
- Matt Whelan, Digital Strategy Director, The Specialist Works
- Peter Whitmarsh, Head of Paid Media, Search Laboratory