This section of Econsultancy’s newly-updated Paid Search Marketing (PPC) Best Practice Guide covers the basics of paid search.
Built on the foundations of our previous report, this document has been created and updated using insight, tips, strategies and tactics from those working every day in the paid search field and generating profits for their clients.
This guide contains actionable, real-world insight with detailed explanations to help you start and improve your performance within paid search.
Topics covered in this section
Areas covered in this section include:
- What is paid search marketing?
- The market context for paid search
- Recent developments in paid search
- Key terminology
- The 95 characters that changed advertising history – the anatomy of a Google AdWords ad
- Why detail matters in paid search
- Identifying search volumes
- Opportunities and challenges
- Paid search success factors
- Keyword level efficiency controls, including cost per click and Quality Score
- Campaign-level effectiveness controls
- Where do I start?
- Types of paid search marketing
As well as this section, the guide is available in its entirety as a 400-page report, or in nine other individual sections. See the main report page for details.
The 400-page guide, of which this is a single section, was put together and updated by Rob Jones, an experienced digital consultant and owner of Romor Digital, with the assistance of leading agencies and practitioners working at the coalface of paid search. They have kindly contributed their time and effort in producing this guide.
This section has been reviewed and edited by Neil Hancock, Head of Optimisation at Silverbean.