This section of Econsultancy’s newly-updated Paid Search Marketing (PPC) Best Practice Guide covers setting up paid search campaigns.
Built on the foundations of our previous report, this document has been created and updated using insight, tips, strategies and tactics from those working every day in the paid search field and generating profits for their clients.
This guide contains actionable, real-world insight with detailed explanations to help you start and improve your performance within paid search.
Topics covered in this section
Areas covered in this section include:
- Campaign structure for paid search
- Keyphrase analysis and selection
- Local paid search marketing and geo-targeting
- Ad creative and copy strategy
- Campaign tracking
- Audience targeting through search
As well as this section, the guide is available in its entirety as a 400-page report, or in nine other individual sections. See the main report page for details.
This guide has been put together and updated by Rob Jones, an experienced digital consultant and owner of Romor Digital, with the assistance of leading agencies and practitioners working at the coalface of paid search. They have kindly contributed their time and effort in producing this guide.
This section has been reviewed and edited by:
- Mike Fantis, Head of Paid Search, Make It Rain
- Rob Jones, Digital Consultant, Romor Digital
- Paul Kasamias, Head of Biddable Media UK, Starcom Mediavest Group
- David McDiarmid, Head of Paid Search, DigitasLBi
- Oscar Romero, Head of Biddable Media, Starcom Mediavest Group
- Matt Whelan, Digital Strategy Director, The Specialist Works