Creating a clear plan and having a well-defined strategy in place is an essential first step before deploying paid search campaigns. With paid search encompassing a wealth of different ad formats and networks, this report provides best practice advice to ensure that paid search campaigns are best placed to succeed.
The guide goes through the key stages of building a paid search strategy. It covers:
- Foundations: From defining goals and objectives to selecting key performance indicators, what are the essential first steps of any paid search campaign?
- Budgeting: Setting a budget and allocating this between networks, campaigns and keywords is a fundamental part of developing a solid strategy. What are the five most common budgeting approaches and the key considerations to keep in mind?
- Bidding: In order to set bid targets, brands need to know the value being generated by paid search activity. How can advertisers understand the true value of paid search campaigns, and how should they adjust for factors like time of day or demographics?
- Resourcing: Deciding whether to resource paid search in-house or outsource to an agency is a key strategic consideration. What are the pros and cons of each approach, and how should businesses select and evaluate external suppliers?
- Network strategy: While Google still dominates the global search market, what are the benefits to running campaigns across multiple search and display networks, from Bing to Baidu?
This report is part of Econsultancy’s Paid Search Best Practice Bundle and has been created with the help and frontline insight of expert paid search practitioners to help marketers succeed in their paid search strategy.