The 2015 Digital Trends Briefing, produced by Econsultancy in partnership with Adobe, highlights the key digital trends, challenges and opportunities which marketers need to be aware of during 2015, covering topics ranging from customer experience and mobile to cross-channel marketing and personalisation.
The report is based on a global survey of more than 6,000 marketers and internet professionals carried out at the end of 2014.
The following sections are featured in the report:
- Introduction and review of 2014
- Customer experience in the ascendency
- Driving a CX-friendly culture
- Marketing gets personal and personalisation goes omnichannel
- Geo-targeting signposts a new era in mobile
- Marketers join up the channels
- Data-driven marketing: from catchphrase to treasure trove
- Companies continue to grapple with ROI measurement
- Just over a fifth of respondents (22%) ranked customer experience as the single most exciting opportunity for the year ahead, ahead of other areas such as content marketing, mobile, personalisation and big data.
- 78% of companies agreed that they would be trying to differentiate through customer experience in the year ahead.
- Targeting and personalisation (30%), content optimisation (29%) and social media engagement (27%) are the most likely to be prioritised during 2015.
- Almost 60% of respondents agree that cross-channel marketing will be a key focus for them in 2015.
- Asked about the extent to which digital permeates their own marketing activities, only a fifth (20%) of responding organisations say that digital sits separately.
- More than two-thirds (69%) of companies will be experimenting heavily with digital in the next 12 months, significantly up from 64% in 2014.
Econsultancy’s Quarterly Digital Intelligence Briefings, sponsored by Adobe, look at some of the most important trends affecting the marketing landscape.