The Delivering Digital Experiences Briefing, produced by Econsultancy in partnership with Adobe, explores the increasingly central role of web content management as a key building block for delivering personalised, multichannel experiences.
This research explores similar themes to last year’s Digital Intelligence Briefing (From Content Management to Customer Experience), with some fascinating trend data emerging.
The report is based on a global survey of around 1,000 respondents across marketing, web development and IT functions, an impressively high response rate which shows how seriously organisations are continuing to take this aspect of their business. Building engaging experiences across all digital channels that attract customers with targeted content is becoming top-of-mind for all marketers.
The following sections are featured in the report:
- Digital differentiation
- Cross-pollination of content and commerce
- Integration of CMS is key
- Apps become focus as companies tackle on-going mobile challenge
- Social unlocks door to personalisation
- Technology for an easier life
- Key requirements for DAM and forms solutions
- An overwhelming 87% of organisations surveyed pointed to ‘improving user engagement and customer engagement’ as a key business objective that content management ‘does or should’ help them to meet.
- Nearly a third of company respondents (31%) deem ‘ease of integration with other parts of the business’ to be among the three key criteria when accessing a CMS.
- Around two in five (43%) of organisations said that technology limitations is the greatest barrier to successfully implementing a CMS.
- While companies are getting better at adapting to the multi-screen world, over half (57%) indicate they aren’t mobile-first.
- Significantly fewer companies than last year agree that ‘delivering optimal experiences across all screens and devices’ is a major challenge (60% this year compared to 70% last year).
Econsultancy’s Quarterly Digital Intelligence Briefings, sponsored by Adobe, look at some of the most important trends affecting the marketing landscape.