Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
In association with Adobe
The Why Marketing Should Be Personal briefing, produced by Econsultancy in partnership with Adobe, explores personalization, a topic which has become top-of-mind for companies wanting to improve the customer experience and financial performance simultaneously. Personalization has unquestionably emerged in the last couple of years as one of the hottest topics within the spheres of digital marketing and ecommerce.
This report builds on data collected for the fifth Quarterly Digital Intelligence Briefing Personalization, Trust and Return on Investment, published in 2012, and shows the increase in perceived importance of personalization for marketers with some insightful trend data.
The report is based on a global survey of around 700 client-side and agency respondents, carried out in October 2014.
The following sections are featured in the report:
- Personalization: a fundamental part of digital strategy
- Intelligent use of data
- From email to cross-channel personalization
- Technology must be integrated to enable success
- Man and machine ... finding the right blend
- How real-time is personalization?
- Privacy and the quest to avoid creepiness
- There is a strong commercial case for personalization - those who are doing it report a 14% uplift in sales.
- Personalization is seen as fundamental to online strategy for the majority, though only 5% of companies are personalizing 'extensively'.
- Email remains the most personalized channel (78%), though desktop is catching up (69%), and more than a third are now personalizing the mobile experience (36%).
- 70% of companies see technology integration is a key barrier to personalization, and only a quarter say they are using a single, integrated cross-channel technology platform.
- The survey revealed a significant gap between the perceived importance of personalizing experiences at the right time, and the ability of companies to deliver on it. Half of the respondents indicated they are not able to target personalized web content in real time.
Download a copy of the report to learn more.
A free sample is available for those who want more detail about what is in the report.
Econsultancy's Quarterly Digital Intelligence Briefings, sponsored by Adobe, look at some of the most important trends affecting the marketing landscape. You can access the other reports in this series here.
Table of contents
- 1. Foreword by Adobe
- 2. A fundamental part of digital strategy
- 3. Intelligent use of data
- 4. From email to cross-channel personalisation
- 5. Technology must be integrated to enable success
- 6. Man and machine … finding the right blend
- 7. How real-time is personalisation?
- 8. Privacy and the quest to avoid creepiness
- 9. Appendix: Respondent Profiles
1. Foreword by Adobe
2. A fundamental part of digital strategy
3. Intelligent use of data
4. From email to cross-channel personalisation
5. Technology must be integrated to enable success
6. Man and machine … finding the right blend
7. How real-time is personalisation?
8. Privacy and the quest to avoid creepiness
9. Appendix: Respondent Profiles
- Company revenue
- SAMPLE: Why Marketing Should Be Personal (655 KB PDF)
- QDIB: Why Marketing Should Be Personal (1 MB PDF)
- Digital Intelligence Briefing: 2017 Digital Trends in the Technology Sector
- Digital Intelligence Briefing: 2017 Digital Trends in B2B
- Digital Intelligence Briefing: 2017 Digital Trends in Retail
- Financial Services and Insurance Internet Statistics Compendium
- Digital Intelligence Briefing: 2017 Digital Trends in Financial Services and Insurance
- Econsultancy's Certificate in Digital Marketing & Google AdWords Qualified Individual Certification **HRDF Claimable** - Malaysia
- Usability and Persuasion in E-commerce
- Econsultancy's Certificate in Digital Marketing & Google AdWords Qualified Individual Certification - Singapore
- Masterclass in Lead Generation - Singapore
- Persuasive Design