Augmented reality (AR) technology rose to prominence during the Covid-19 pandemic when it proved its utility as a tool to enrich digital experiences and aid ecommerce.
This quick guide, an abridged version of Econsultancy’s A Marketer’s Guide to Augmented Reality (AR) Best Practice Guide, looks at examples of successful uses of AR in marketing and provides a starting point for brands considering implementing the technology in their own campaigns. It covers:
- Growth: From providing Covid-friendly ways to shop to letting users ‘try on’ new looks, how did AR technology prove its value during the pandemic?
- Potential uses: What are some of the most useful AR applications, exemplified by real business case studies?
- Future possibilities: With renewed interest in wearables and the expansion of the metaverse, what is likely to come next for AR?
- Considerations: From mapping broad expectations to considering the potential ROI of a single campaign, what factors should marketers consider when deciding whether AR is the right tool for meeting their business objectives?
- Implementation: What are the steps to developing and launching an AR campaign, and what metrics could be useful for measuring success?