This report is an abridged version of Econsultancy’s Consumer Neuroscience and Digital Marketing Best Practice Guide. It provides an overview of consumer neuroscience principles and their applications in digital marketing, looking at how consumer psychology can inform messaging and the design of customer journeys. The guide covers:
- Neuromarketing: What is consumer neuroscience and how does it differ from traditional market research?
- Consumer psychology: How does unconscious and conscious thinking affect customer decision making, and why is digital convenience key?
- Cognitive fluency: How can a website design promote cognitive fluency, and what impact does this have on conversion rates?
- User experience: What can neuroscience principles teach marketers about communication and UX?
- Customer journeys: How can marketers leverage concepts such as loss aversion, social proof and choice paralysis to reduce friction for users during the decision stage?