This report is an abridged version of Econsultancy’s Segmentations and Personas Best Practice Guide. It outlines the key differences between different segmentation techniques, their benefits and challenges, alongside tips for implementation. It covers:
- Definitions: What is traditional market segmentation and how does it differ from the new techniques of customer and communication segmentation brought about by the growth of available data?
- Benefits: How can these different approaches to segmentation enable business to drive growth and better serve their customers?
- Challenges: What are the main challenges businesses need to be aware of with each approach, and how can they navigate these?
- Data-driven insights: How can different data sources be analysed and combined to provide better insights and help marketers tailor communications?
- Technology: What is the role of human analysis in a world of data, and how can the use of personas help bring segmentations to life?