As brands face ever increasing competition and technology paves the way for new entrants, designing intuitive and engaging user experiences has become key to giving businesses an edge. Successful UX design extends beyond the development of slick interfaces and involves providing frictionless journeys that drive action and put the needs of the customer front and centre.
This quick guide is an abridged version of Econsultancy’s User Experience and Interaction Design Best Practice Guide. It provides businesses with an introduction to the principles of UX and practical advice on how they can be applied. It covers:
- The evolution of UX: No longer just a specialism of visual design, UX has become a mindset. How are businesses incorporating key principles of the discipline into their decision-making?
- Components: From viability to consistency and flow, what are the fundamental qualities that make a user experience great?
- The user journey: With customer understanding at the heart of effective UX, how can brands use personas and journey mapping to create experiences that best serve the user?
- Evaluation: What are the 10 usability ‘heuristics’ that guide interface design, and how can these be applied to create better digital products?
- Measurement: With data playing a critical role in the development process, what methods can businesses use to measure the effectiveness of their user experiences?