Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
Author: Trevor Ginn
Features: Best practice information and advice relating to the planning, implementation and running an e-commerce website, aimed at small- to medium-sized businesses.
About this Guide
Econsultancy’s Selling Online: a How-to Guide for Small Businesses has been produced specifically with smaller businesses in mind. This 100+ page document, written by e-commerce consultant Trevor Ginn, contains information about best-practice implementation and management of a retail website. It is a must-read for any small business serious about establishing itself in the e-commerce environment.
The following areas are included within this guide:
- Setting objectives
- Project management
- Project planning and definition
- Project implementation
- Finding a supplier
- The Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Agencies, freelancers and offshoring
- Supplier selection
- Skills and team
- Implementation skills
- Market research and product selection
- Branding and design
- Selecting an e-commerce platform
- Online marketplaces
- Accepting payments online
- Online marketing strategy
- Shopping comparison engines
- Charging models
- Publishing and optimising listings
- Uploading data Web analytics
- Usability and conversion
- Fulfilment and customer service
- Customer retention
You can download the free sample to see the full list of contents.
Who is this guide for?
This guide is a must-read for anyone working for a smaller organisation who is responsible for setting up or managing an online store.
Econsultancy covers a vast range of e-commerce topics, with reports such as our E-commerce Platforms Guide. Up-to-date information about the sector can also be found in our E-commerce Statistics Compendium.
- Selling online: A how-to guide for small businesses (4.07 MB PDF)