Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
This report is part of the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Best Practice Guide bundle.
This report is part of Econsultancy's renowned SEO Best Practice Guide and has been created with the help and frontline insight of globally-esteemed SEO practitioners, in order to give you the edge in your natural search marketing activity.
Built on the foundations of our previous, highly-renowned report, this document will help you understand search marketing like never before.
The SEO Best Practice Guide is invaluable for anybody working in digital marketing, looking to appoint an SEO agency or simply trying to secure better search engine rankings.
SEO is known for its rate of change. The search landscape is constantly evolving. This section details some of the main changes between 2014 (the year when the last Econsultancy SEO Best Practice Guide was published) and 2016. This section focuses primarily on Google as it accounts for most search engine activity in English-speaking and European markets.
Updates detailed in this section include:
- Algorithm updates – changes that cause significant impacts on the ranking factors behind search positions.
- Interface updates – changes to the SERP that can impact SEO results.
- Changes within the industry – how shifting approaches also contribute to overall change.
Despite changes to the world of SEO, it is worth noting that the core principles of ethical and modern SEO remain the same. To do better in search, marketers are recommended to focus on providing interesting, relevant and useful content.
Table of contents
1. Introduction to Our Guides
- Key features of our guides
- Features of this guide
- About Econsultancy
2. Changes in SEO Since the Last Report
- Updates from the search engines
- Algorithm update: Payday Loans
- Algorithm update: Pirate
- Algorithm update: Pigeon
- Algorithm update: Mobilegeddon
- Algorithm update: Quality
- Algorithm update: Panda and Penguins
- Interface updates
- Paid search results
- Knowledge Graph
- Real time
- Destinations – travel guides
- Updates from the SEO industry
- Data, data, data
- SEO Best Practice: Changes in SEO Since the Last Report (1.42 MB PDF)