Econsultancy’s new and updated series of SEO Best Practice Guides contains everything marketers need to know about search engine optimisation, whether they work for an in-house client-side team, independently, or for an agency.
The value of proper SEO cannot be overestimated. Whether it increases the visibility and discoverability of a business within search engine results, or reduces the cost per click by improving the page quality score, optimisation is a major concern for today’s businesses.
This expanded series of reports considers all the aspects of SEO. It starts with the fundamentals, including an accessible explainer on how search engines determine relevance in webpages, decodes Google’s most significant algorithm changes in recent years and how they affect brands, and considers how content managers can work with PRs and journalists to boost their companies’ visibility online.
The standalone guide to Technical SEO provides a comprehensive reference for webmasters looking to boost their site’s performance.
The series has been written to help marketing teams develop a comprehensive and future-proof SEO strategy that works in markets around the world, while providing pointers on how not to fall foul of search engine guidelines and international regulations.
There are 13 guides in all that make up the series:
- The Fundamentals of SEO
- Guidelines and Compliance
- Changes in SEO
- Algorithm Updates
- Benchmarking and Auditing
- Measurement and Reporting for SEO
- Audience Analysis and Keyphrase Selection
- Technical SEO
- On-Page Optimisation
- Landing Page Optimisation
- Link Strategy and Tactics
- Social and Online PR: The Influence on Search
- International SEO
This series of reports was written by Judith Lewis, an international speaker, writer, trainer and digital marketing consultant. It was updated with the assistance of leading agencies and practitioners working at the coal face of search engine optimisation, who have kindly contributed their time and effort in producing this guide.
Contributors to the report include:
- Suhail Abood, Web Developer
- Laura Crimmons, Founder, Silverthorn
- Will Critchlow, Founder, Distilled
- Chris Evans, Director at Semetrical
- Andrew Girdwood, Head of Media Technology, Cello Signal
- Chris Green
- James Gurd, Owner and Lead Consultant, Digital Juggler
- Arnout Hellemans, Owner, OnlineMarkethink
- Julia Logan, Consultant, Irish Wonder Consulting
- David Mannheim, Optimisation Consultant, User Conversion
- Lisa Myers, CEO, Verve Search
- Kelvin Newman
- Lucy Robinson
- Sohaib Siddique, SEO Consultant
- Chris Simmance, Owner, Optus Digital
- Aleyda Solis, Founder, Orainti
- Jeremy Spiller, Founder and MD, Fitz Digital
- Tim Stewart, Optimisation Consultant, trsdigital Ltd
- Juliette Van Rooyen, Founder, VR Squared
- Gerry White, SEO Consultant, Just Eat
Econsultancy also offers SEO training.