Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
This report is part of the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Best Practice Guide 2012 bundle.
The SEO Best Practice: Index Inclusion Guide is part of Econsultancy's renowned SEO Best Practice Guide and contains everything you need to know about search engine optimization, whether you work for an in-house client team, independently or for an agency.
Built on the foundations of our previous, highly-esteemed report by digital marketing author and trainer Dr Dave Chaffey, this document will help you understand search marketing like never before.
The document is invaluable for anybody working in internet marketing, or looking to appoint an SEO agency, or simply trying to secure better search enginer rankings.
It has been created with the help and frontline insight of globally-esteemed SEO practitioners, in order to give you the edge in your natural search marketing activity.
Make no mistake: this guide contains lots of actionable, real world insight. It will help you immediately start to improve your performance across the search engines.
Contributors to the report include:
- Teddie Cowell, Director of Search, Guava
- Neilson Hall, Director of search, iProspect
- An overview of how search engines work
- Site submission to search engines
- Which search engines to target?
- Site submission approach
- Google Sitemaps
- What is index coverage? Why is it important?
- Evaluating index inclusion
- Duplicate content
- Supplemental pages
- Google Sitelinks (site links)
- Spam filters and over-optimization penalties
- Types of penalties
- Evaluate site indexing activity
- Excluding pages and links from the site index
- Time-related aspects of search index inclusion
- The Google ‘sandbox effect’
- Content freshness
- Content or domain longevity
- Content and link velocity
- Site migration
- Dynamic content
- Avoiding problems with Session IDs
- Vertical Search – Inclusion and digital asset optimization
- Local SEO
- Ranking factors
- Google and local search
- International and multilingual SEO
- Managing international search engine marketing
- Selecting search engines to target for international search
- Selecting agencies for international search
- Considerations of international SEO
- International SEO checklist
A free sample document of the full SEO guide is also available for download
- SEO Best Practice: Index Inclusion (2.99 MB PDF)