Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
This report is part of the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Best Practice Guide 2012 bundle.
The SEO Best Practice: Link Building Guide is part of Econsultancy's renowned SEO Best Practice Guide and contains everything you need to know about search engine optimization, whether you work for an in-house client team, independently or for an agency.
Built on the foundations of our previous, highly-esteemed report by digital marketing author and trainer Dr Dave Chaffey, this document will help you understand search marketing like never before.
The document is invaluable for anybody working in internet marketing, or looking to appoint an SEO agency, or simply trying to secure better search enginer rankings.
It has been created with the help and frontline insight of globally-esteemed SEO practitioners, in order to give you the edge in your natural search marketing activity.
Make no mistake: this guide contains lots of actionable, real world insight. It will help you immediately start to improve your performance across the search engines.
Contributors to the report include:
- Andrew Girdwood, Media Innovations Director, bigmouthmedia
- Kelvin Newman, Creative Director, SiteVisibility
- Nichola Stott, Director, theMediaFlow
- What is link building? Why does it matter to SEO?
- Understanding PageRank
- Which values are assigned to PageRank?
- Principles of applying PageRank for SEO
- PageRank’s First Principle: more links from other pages to a page increase PageRank
- PageRank’s Second Principle: pages with higher PageRank are more valuable
- PageRank’s Third Principle: linking pages with a large number of outbound links tend to be less valuable
- PageRank’s Fourth Principle: PageRank varies throughout a site according to site structure
- PageRank’s Fifth Principle: PageRank has been supplemented by other assessments of the value of a link for the keyphrase in question
- PageRank’s Sixth Principle: links from pages in context for a particular phrase are more valuable
- Domain popularity
- A recommended process for external link building
- Illegal and legal links
- Search engine guidelines
- Link-building strategies
- Link freshness and velocity
- Link-building approach 1: Natural link building using quality content
- Link-building approach 2: Requesting inbound-only links
- Link-building approach 3: Reciprocal linking
- Link-building approach 4: Buying links
- For posterity
- Buying links direct from another site
- Paying for links by bloggers
- Buying links from a link broker
- Link-building approach 5: Creating your own external links
- Content syndication
- Outsourcing of creation of news content
- Google News optimization
- Link-building approach 6: Online PR and social media
- Integrating SEO into PR campaigns
- Web 2.0 and social media on-page optimization
- Social bookmarking and social networks
- User-generated content and SEO
- Creating more natural keyword variation
- Making your pages more unique
- Generating content
- Ideas for link-building opportunities
A free sample document of the full SEO guide is also available for download
- SEO Best Practice: Link building (1.19 MB PDF)