This report is part of Econsultancy’s renowned SEO Best Practice Guide and has been created with the help and frontline insight of globally-esteemed SEO practitioners, in order to give you the edge in your natural search marketing activity.
Built on the foundations of our previous, highly-renowned report, this document will help you understand search marketing like never before.
The SEO Best Practice Guide is invaluable for anybody working in internet marketing, or looking to appoint an SEO agency, or simply trying to secure better search engine rankings.
It has been created with the help and frontline insight of globally-esteemed SEO practitioners, in order to give you the edge in your natural search marketing activity.
- Introduction to Our Guides
- How this guide is structured
- Features of this guide
- About Econsultancy
- Link Building
- Introduction: Why links are so important
- Link based algorithms: how Google changed web search
- Evolution of link based algorithms and the growth of link spam
- Link networks
- Link building today: marketing your site to attract links
- What makes a good link?
- Earning links
- Creating unique and valuable content
- Active link building
- Blogger outreach
- Guest blogging
- Business partnerships
- Other marketing channels and link treatment
- Affiliate marketing
- Manipulated links: identifying, cleaning and avoiding
- Why are manipulated links problematic?
- How to identify unnatural links
- Link tools to help with analysis
- Cleaning a backlink profile: link removal or disavowal?
- Future-proofing your link building strategy
- Social and Online PR and their Influence on Search
- Changes in algorithms and their impact on the role of social and PR
- February 23, 2011 – Google Panda update
- April 24, 2012 – Google Penguin update
- July 26, 2013 – Link schemes document update (Google’s Webmaster Tool)
- Online PR
- The role of the influencer
- Online PR distribution services
- Understanding the motivations of journalists and writers
- Key PR skills that support SEO
- Social media and SEO
- Why is social media relevant to SEO?
- What does this mean for SEO?
- Social leads to links
- Social leading to richer search results listings
- Social content ranks in its own right
- On-page social signals
- Appendix 1: Acknowledgements
- Lead author
- Expert contributors
A free sample document is also available for download