Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
This report is part of the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Best Practice Guide bundle.
This report is part of Econsultancy's renowned SEO Best Practice Guide and has been created with the help and frontline insight of globally-esteemed SEO practitioners, in order to give you the edge in your natural search marketing activity.
Built on the foundations of our previous, highly-renowned report, this document will help you understand search marketing like never before.
The SEO Best Practice Guide is invaluable for anybody working in internet marketing, or looking to appoint an SEO agency, or simply trying to secure better search engine rankings.
It has been created with the help and frontline insight of globally-esteemed SEO practitioners, in order to give you the edge in your natural search marketing activity.
- Introduction to Our Guides
- How this guide is structured
- Features of this guide
- About Econsultancy
- Mobile SEO
- Why do mobile SEO?
- Development for mobile SEO
- Responsive web design
- Mobile optimised site
- Technical considerations
- Mobile indexation
- META robots tag
- link rel=”alternate”
- Mobile XML Sitemap
- Mobile content
- Viewport meta tag
- Display/hide content per viewport
- Responsive images
- Mobile performance
- Page speed
- CDN (content delivery networks)
- Dynamic (or “lazy”) loading
- Structured data
- Click-to-call links
- Option to view the full site
- Mobile SEO marketing
- The factors driving mobile marketing growth
- What are people doing?
- Understanding mobile search behaviour
- Mobile keyword research
- Understanding the mobile SEO algorithm
- Link building for mobile
- Mobile landing pages
- Key dos and don’ts for mobile SEO
- Useful resources for technical mobile SEO
- Local SEO
- How local SEO has evolved:
- The Google Venice update:
- Google Places pages and Google+ Local pages
- Zagat reviews
- Local SEO ranking factors
- Place page factors
- On-page factors
- NAP listings and citations
- Link signals
- Review signals
- Social and local SEO
- The most impactful signals
- Key dos and don’ts
- International SEO
- The global search engine market
- Defining an international SEO project
- Auditing current international organic search status
- Auditing current international search activity
- Approach to translation: automated vs. native support
- Targeting your international audience
- Your international SEO goals and targets
- Developing an internationally optimised web presence
- Organising your international URL structure
- Country targeted website URL structure
- URL Structure for language targeted websites
- Translating or localising
- Language and country targeting for web content
- Hreflang annotations
- Content language meta tag
- Search engine webmaster tools
- Growing your international web popularity
- Defining an international link building campaign
- Executing an international link building campaign
- Measuring international SEO success
- Following up your international search activity
- Appendix 1: Acknowledgements
- Lead author
- Expert contributors
A free sample document is also available for download
- SEO Best Practice - Mobile, Local and International SEO (5.82 MB PDF)
- SEO Best Practice - Introduction to SEO, Changes and Ranking Factors
- SEO Best Practice - Planning and Strategy for SEO
- SEO Best Practice - Measurement and Reporting for SEO
- SEO Best Practice - Technical SEO, On-page Optimization and Landing Page Optimization
- SEO Best Practice - Link Building, Social and Online PR