Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
This report is part of the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Best Practice Guide bundle.
This report is part of Econsultancy's renowned SEO Best Practice Guide and has been created with the help and frontline insight of globally-esteemed SEO practitioners, in order to give you the edge in your natural search marketing activity.
Built on the foundations of our previous, highly-renowned report, this document will help you understand search marketing like never before.
The SEO Best Practice Guide is invaluable for anybody working in digital marketing, looking to appoint an SEO agency or simply trying to secure better search engine rankings.
In this section, we explore the ways in which SEO practitioners have had to significantly change how they work and now use tactics which might previously have fallen outside their remit. We also consider how the objectives of a social or online PR campaign might differ if the primary outcome is SEO success as well as the practicalities of cross-discipline working.
Table of contents
1. Introduction to Our Guides
- Key features of our guides
- Features of this guide
- About Econsultancy
2. Social and Online PR: The Influence on Search
- Changes in algorithms and the impact on the role of social and PR
- Google Panda update
- Google Penguin update
- The link schemes document update
- Online PR
- The role of the influencer
- Online PR distribution services
- Understanding the motivations of journalists and writers
- Key PR skills that support SEO
- Social media and SEO
- Why is social media relevant to SEO?
- What does this mean for SEO?
- Social leads to links
- Social content ranks in its own right
- On-page social signals
- SEO Best Practice: Social and Online PR - The Influence on Search (989 KB PDF)