Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
Editor's Note: Our 2008 Comparison Engines Buyer's Guide is now available.
Shopping Comparison Engines are becoming increasingly popular among consumers and merchants alike, particularly in sectors such as retail, travel, financial services and utilities.
This guide to shopping comparison engines (aka "price comparison" engines) is primarily aimed at merchants, so if you are working for a retailer that hasn't yet explored how shopping comparison engines can help you then this report will help you fast-track your way towards incremental sales.
This report contains in-depth profiles for the major shopping comparison engines, as well as market research and analysis to help you put things into perspective.
Econsultancy estimates that retail-focused shopping comparison engines made between £120m and £140m in UK revenue during 2005. The shopping comparison market is growing at 30% year-on-year. The proportion of marketing budget spent on comparison engines is typically between 3-5%. What you get for your money:
Profiles of 12 major shopping comparison engines
Market research - growth, drivers of growth
ROI benefits and a SWOT analysis (to help you get a budget)
Pricing models - CPC, CPA, CPM?
Market positioning charts
Comparison engines profiled in the 2006 buyer's guide:
** Not included are profiles on other comparison engines that were invited to take part, but which failed to send back completed profiles, for whatever reason/s. These included MoneySupermarket, uSwitch and Shopzilla. *** A sample is available to non-subscribers.
- SAMPLE: Shopping Comparison Engines Buyer's Guide 2006 (274 KB Microsoft Word)
- Shopping Comparison Engines Buyer's Guide 2006 (4 MB Microsoft Word)
- Online Merchandising - Selling in the Digital Age
- Econsultancy's Certificate in Digital Marketing & Google AdWords Qualified Individual Certification **HRDF Claimable** - Malaysia
- Psychology for Digital Marketing
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) - Advanced
- Conversion Optimisation - How to Deliver Digital Growth