This report will identify the key issues, challenges and opportunities around the evolving skills of modern marketers in response to the rapidly changing digital marketing and media environment.
It expands on Econsultancy’s Modern Marketing Model (M3) by examining the key skills required to be successful in marketing organisations.
It is based on a series of in-depth interviews with marketing leaders, a quantitative study of over 500 marketers and a review of the academic and professional literature related to marketing skills.
Watch senior analyst and report author Seán Donnelly’s introduction to the report, and his highlights from the in-depth research.
Econsultancy would like to thank the following people for their contributions to this report:
- Colin Kavanagh, VP, Global Marketing, Malibu & Kahlua
- Lauren Sudworth, Global Brand Director, Hootsuite
- Colin Lewis, CMO, OpenJaw Technologies
- Andy Evans, CMO, Sovrn
- Simon Swan, Head of Digital Strategy & Transformation, The Met Office UK
- Danny Denhard, Marketing Director, JustGiving
- Matt Duffy, CMO, Pixability
- Martin Kelly, CEO, Infectious Media
- Neil McKinnon, CMO, Infectious Media
- Cian Corbett, Digital Marketing and Innovation Brand Manager, Group Marketing, Allied Irish Bank
- Brad Einarsen, Senior Director, Social Media, Klick Health
- Ian Lowe, VP Marketing, Crownpeak
- Lee Grunnell, Brand Strategy Director, Thirteen Ideas
- Sarah Znideric, Client Services Director, Good Growth Limited
- Mindy Gofton, Head of Marketing Strategy & Innovation, I-COM
- Samuel Brealey, Marketing Consultant
- JP Hanson, CEO, Rouser Agency
- Matt Fleming, CEO, Read Modify Write
- Stephen Yeo, Marketing Director, Panasonic Europe
- Douglas Burdett, Host, The Marketing Book Podcast
- Nancy Furber, Senior Marketing Services Manager, Cancer Research
- Tom Daniell, Retail Marketing Director, Aviva
- Neil Perkin, Founder, Only Dead Fish
- Glenn Thomas, CMO, GE Healthcare
- Nigel Morris, Chief Strategy & Innovation Officer, Dentsu
- Jane Cave, Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing (IDM)