Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
About this report
Klout made a splash among marketers and the public by putting a number on people's ability to influence friends and followers. It's unlikely though that anyone would have predicted a negative response so vehement that it would inspire the creation of a rival product that promised to measure levels of Twitter "asshattery."
Econsultancy's latest report, Influencer Channels: From Klout to Klouchebag explains the basics of opt-in influencer marketing channels, and explores the topic that is on the tip of the industry's tongue: why influencer scoring causes such strong reactions, and how brands can manuever around it to succeed with a tool that has enormous potential for growth.
This document includes:
- A brief overview on the development of influencer marketing
- An original explanation of what influencer channels are, and what they have the chance of becoming
- Overviews of what the products look like, how they work, and examples of how brands have used them
- A small case study about what Klout could, and couldn't deliver for a startup business
- An interview with David Armano, EVP of Global Innovation and Integration at Edelman Digital, about potential future uses of the product
- A concluding meditation on whether or not brands are hindering the potential of influencer channels by asking for the wrong metrics
This 19-page report is the sixth in a series of Smart Packs developed by Econsultancy that explore emerging trends and new areas relating to digital marketing.
Table of contents
- Introduction: what is an influencer channel?
- Product overviews: Klout, Kred, PeerIndex
- Klout: the market leader
- Inside a small campaign with Klout
- PeerIndex: superior targeting
- Kred: building communities
- What have brands offered through influencer channels?
- Be careful what you wish for
- Why influence measurement is controversial
- The new potential
- Why marketers using influencer channels should hang tight and ignore the naysayers
- About Econsultancy
- About our Smart Packs
- Smart Pack: Influencer Channels: From Klout to Klouchebag (1.37 MB PDF)