Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
This Social Gaming report includes market trends, key statistics and case study examples of companies using social gaming for marketing. This report, which looks at the main players in this increasingly important sector, is the first in a series of Econsultancy Smart Pack reports looking at emerging areas relating to digital marketing.
The 38-page report includes sections on:
- Market trends and developments
- Econsultancy / Toluna UK consumer research on social gaming
- Third-party statistics
- An overview of the key players in the industry
- Summary of key metrics required to measure success
- Case studies of companies using social gaming for marketing
An infographic ("The State of Social Gaming") exploring the different players across the social gaming landscape is included in the report and is also available for download.
The report includes the findings of a consumer survey of 2,000 UK consumers carried out by Econsultancy in December 2010 in association with Toluna.
Key findings of the research include:
- A fifth of respondents (19%) said they played social games online.
- Slightly more females are playing social games (20% compared to 18% for males).
- Social games are played frequently, with almost a third of gamers (30%) saying they play several times a day.
- 15% of social gamers have purchased virtual goods and 8% have purchased virtual currency.
Table of Contents
- About Econsultancy
- Executive Summary
- What... is social gaming?
- Why… is social gaming important?
- The state of social gaming [Infographic]
- Market trends
- Market value and marketplace developments
- Social networking sites attract third-party developers
- The popularity of casual games explodes
- Zynga dominates the casual gaming market
- Lead generation scams erode consumer trust
- Browser games give games developers the upper hand
- Mobile and tablets present new opportunities for gaming
- Lack of skills and talent hold back the industry
- Econsultancy / Toluna social gaming survey
- Third-party statistics and research
- Who... should I know about?
- Social games developers
- Virtual world communities
- Social gaming analytics companies
- Payment services / Monetisation
- Virtual currency offer providers
- Payment service providers
- Measurement and metrics
- Case studies
- 7- Eleven
- Green Giant
- Disney / TRON: Legacy
- Charles Chocolates
- List of virtual currency / payment providers
- Recommended reading
- Econsultancy blog posts
Download a copy of the report to learn more.
A free sample is available for those who want more detail about what is in the report.
- SAMPLE: Social Gaming Smart Pack (717 KB PDF)
- Social Gaming Smart Pack (2.4 MB PDF)
- The State of Social Gaming [Infographic] (1.57 MB PDF)