The Social Quarterly is a series of presentations by Econsultancy that curate the latest trends, developments and statistics in social media.
The reports act as guides to what’s happening now in social media and what you should be keeping an eye on. This quarter’s edition covers:
- Platform stats: In this quarter’s earnings roundup, which companies performed ahead of analyst expectations and what do the latest figures reveal about user engagement across the platforms?
- Twitter developments: After ending access to its free API not long after banning third-party clients, will the latest expansion of its subscription services help to restore trust and lure back advertisers?
- Safety and moderation: From Instagram’s new Quiet Mode to TikTok’s introduction of a strikes system for content violations, what are the latest measures platforms are taking to protect users?
- Generative AI: Since the launch of ChatGPT, AI innovations continue to come to market thick and fast. With Meta expanding its Shutterstock partnership to fuel new AI tools, and Quora releasing a new AI chatbot, what are the emerging opportunities (and limitations) in this space that marketers should keep an eye on?
- Next-gen apps: Instagram’s co-founders have announced the launch of a new app, Artifact, a text and news-based platform powered by machine learning. Could this be the first new big player on the scene since TikTok?