The State of B2B Marketing Automation report, published by Econsultancy in association with Act-On, is based on a survey of more than 350 B2B marketing professionals.
The aim of the research is to explore the maturity of B2B marketing automation, looking at adoption levels and types of strategies organizations are using. The study evaluates tools and processes employed as well as potential barriers to the effective use of the capability.
A major focus of this report is the exploration of what B2B companies that are succeeding in their marketing activities are doing differently from the rest.
Where appropriate, the research findings are broken down by level of marketing performance, comparing high-performing companies (‘Leaders’) with the rest of the sample (‘Mainstream’), in order to identify the attributes and characteristics that are correlated with success, and to make recommendations.
Key findings from the research include:
- Investment in marketing automation drives B2B marketing performance
- Companies strive to close the gap between expectations and reality
- Leaders take a different path to ensure they are utilizing tech capabilities
- Europeans are playing catch-up with their North American counterparts
- Marketing automation delivers but challenges must be overcome
Download a copy of the report to learn more.
A free sample is available for those who want more detail about what is in the report.