Digital Shift, a quarterly service from Econsultancy, is intended as a guide to support strategic thinking.
Focused tightly on digital technologies, marketing and ecommerce, it’s about delivering actionable insight on trends that will be significant in the short to mid-term, and which can be used to generate new ideas, improve business performance and stay ahead of the competition.
The Best of Digital Shift 2015 reflects the key developments impacting digital marketing over the past year. The critical shifts are summarised below:
- Innovation management: The cyclical nature of technology adoption continues to increase in speed, turning exciting opportunities into afterthoughts faster than ever before. What are the new technologies primed to change consumer and purchasing behaviour and how will they fit into commerical offerings?
- Growing complexity: With infinite ways in which marketers can interact with consumers, programmatic marketing is a key priority. How should organisations approach the challenge of integration as they seek to offer personalised experiences?
- The era of distribution and the evolution of social: The maturation of key social platforms has turned social media from a fledging sub segment of marketing, to a dominant gatekeeper of consumer attention and access. How is this changing business models and creating new opportunities?
- From mobile apps to bots: With just a handful of apps dominating the consumers’ attention, apps need to be far more pervasive, personal and predictive in order to provide value. How is such thinking permating customer experiences on mobile and in the real world?
- Wearables and virtual reality: There are a host of new technologies gaining traction with early adopters. But which of these are worth experimenting with? How many of these will gain mainstream adoption?