Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
The Convergence of Marketing and Sales report provides a framework to assist a manager's journey in deciding whether or not to converge marketing and sales. Designed to be a companion and thought-provoker, the guide is written in two parts.
What's in the report?
Part 1 sets the scene, framing marketing and sales in different ways - from the path to purchase in the mind of the customer, to the marketing and sales process in the mind of the vendor, and the changing role of marketing and sales in a digitally networked world.
Part 2 outlines our framework, split into the following key steps:
Diagnosis - the research and obstacle definition that needs to precede all strategy development. We consider four key topics:
- Process design. Diagnosis focused on current processes used by marketing and sales and how they differ from the ideal.
- Content management. Diagnosis focused on current content used by marketing and sales and how they differ from ideal.
- Competitor analysis. Analysis of how to gain competitive advantage.
- Measurement planning. What measurements do we need to put in place to indicate if our strategy is working and do we need to refine and optimise the actions we are taking?
Insights and action - what insights have come from the above diagnoses and how can we convert these insights into coherent actions to overcome obstacles and achieve our strategic goal? (We identify Key Actions at the end of each topic.)
Team organisation. How, when we roll out this convergence strategy for marketing and sales, do we take two teams with different cultures and different ways of working and turn them into a single team?
Written by experienced consultant Dr Mike Baxter, who has led consultant teams on many of Econsultancy's digital transformation projects, the report aims to identify best practice approaches and techniques. The report also includes real-life examples illustrating how marketing and sales have a pivotal role in digital transformation.
How can we help?
Our Digital Transformation team regularly supports leading organisations to drive forward organisational change. Our Digital Maturity Audit is often the first step in this journey, providing you with a clear framework to:
- Understand critical capability gaps.
- Prioritise key projects and areas for development.
- Validate business cases for investment.
If you want to find out more about the Digital Maturity Audit and how we can help, please don't hesitate to get in touch by emailing email@example.com or calling us on +44 (0)20 3199 8475.
video by LondonVideoStories
Dr Mike Baxter
Table of contents
- 1. Executive summary
- 2. Introduction
- 3. Part 1: Why transform marketing and sales?
- 4. Part 2: How to transform marketing & sales
- 5. References
1. Executive summary
- About Econsultancy
- About Mike Baxter
- How to use this guide
- Glossary of key terms & concepts
3. Part 1: Why transform marketing and sales?
- The importance of marketing and sales
- Marketing & sales - how they work
- In the mind of the customer
- In the mind of the vendor
- In a digitally networked world
- The need for marketing and sales to converge
4. Part 2: How to transform marketing & sales
- Preparing for strategy development
- Strategy development
- Process design
- Content management
- Competitor analysis
- Measurement planning
- Strategy deployment
- Team organisation
- SAMPLE: The Convergence of Marketing and Sales (1.01 MB PDF)
- The Convergence of Marketing and Sales (1.4 MB PDF)
- Econsultancy's Certificate in Digital Marketing & Google AdWords Qualified Individual Certification **HRDF Claimable** - Malaysia
- Digital Transformation in Practice
- Econsultancy's Certificate in Digital Marketing & Google AdWords Qualified Individual Certification - Singapore
- Fast Track Digital Marketing - Singapore
- Fast Track Digital Marketing - Malaysia