It is a truly exciting time for retailers as they seek to capitalise on the massive changes in consumer behaviour driven by digital technology and mobile devices. This report, published in partnership with Marketing Week Live, draws on various pieces of Econsultancy research in order to give a snapshot of the retail sector in the digital age, while also offering a glimpse of the future with numerous case studies from forward-thinking brands who are already capitalising on the technology available.
What you’ll learn
- Find out what retailers are telling Econsultancy is important for 2015 and beyond.
- The importance of having a focus on delivering outstanding customer experiences.
- What will be important for retailers in their digital marketing over the next few years.
- Understand how retailers are using technology to shape the customer experience and deliver ecommerce solutions.
Key findings from the report
- Retailers identified customer experience as the single most exciting opportunity for 2015.
- More than half of retailers see customer service and experience as the primary means of competitive differentiation over the next five years.
- Customer experience and personalisation will remain the key areas of focus in five years’ time, but we will also see retailers increase their focus on big data and marketing automation.
- Conversion rate optimisation is the top digital priority for retailers in 2015, and marketing will become more personal.
- The complexity and number of touchpoints is perceived to be the most significant obstacle to a better understanding of the customer journey.
- The top areas of focus for digital marketing in the next few years for the retail sector were around understanding the customer journey across channels.
- Retailers are already using technology in a number of ways to shape the retail experience and to exceed the customer experience they offer.
Who should read this report?
This report is primarily aimed at retailers and looks at what they are focusing on for 2015 and beyond. It explores how retailers are addressing the challenge of mastering the customer experience, and other issues such as understanding the customer journey and driving conversions.