The Multichannel Reality report, produced by Econsultancy in partnership with Adobe, looks at the extent to which organisations take an integrated approach to marketing across different channels and use cross-channel campaign management tools. The report is based on a global survey of 1,945 digital marketers and ecommerce professionals carried out in June and July 2015, and follows up on a similar piece of research from 2013.
The following sections are featured in the report:
- Is integration at a standstill?
- Tech is the great enabler… or the biggest barrier
- Navigating the customer journey
- Mapping mobile touchpoints
- Email and the customer journey: vital from start to finish (and still underestimated)
- The tangible impact of cross-channel campaign management
- How campaign management tools stack up
- Since 2013, the proportion of respondents with separate, non-connected technologies managing data for different channels has decreased only marginally, from 52% to 50%.
- Less than a fifth (17%) of responding organisations indicate that they are fully capable of analysing their customers’ journeys. Encouragingly, the majority of respondents appear to be either planning to have this capability or are working on it already.
- Two-thirds (67%) of respondents agree that they ‘lack the systems to effectively map the mobile customer journey‘.
- Although only 21% claim a strong understanding of the retention phase, twice as many marketers (42%) agree email plays a ‘central role’ here.
- Only around a quarter of companies use a cross-channel campaign management tool. Those using cross-channel campaign management tools are more likely to hit financial targets.
Download a copy of the report to learn more.