Testing for optimisation of the customer experience is gaining traction as businesses embrace the idea of embarking on a process of almost continuous change.
The Past, Present and Future of Website Optimisation research, carried out in association with Qubit, set out to explore how evolved organisations’ strategies are and to what extent they depend on factors such as size of company, team capabilities, legacy technologies and business type.
The report details real, on-the-ground experiences of marketers from a variety of different industries. It is basd on in-depth interviews with senior-level executives working within ecommerce, online and marketing departments, from companies including Topshop, Tele2, Ann Summers, Shop Direct, Schuh, Best Western Hotels, Merlin Entertainments, Investec, Sage, Farfetch, Gatwick Airport and LV.
What you’ll learn from this research
- What does website optimisation currently mean to businesses, and why is it important?
- How are companies spread across the so-called ‘adoption curve’?
- How are brands developing their testing and optimisation programmes, and which key tactics are they employing?
- What are the best practice approaches for building a testing and optimisation strategy? What is the definition of success?
- What does the future hold in terms of both challenges and opportunities?
Who should read this report?
Anyone who is interested in developing a website testing and optimisation programme within their company, or for a client, will find this report useful. It will also be of interest to those that already have an optimisation strategy in place and are looking to benchmark their progress against that of other brands, or any marketer with an interest in website testing and optimisation.
Our thanks go to:
- Alixandra Burn, Web Analytics Manager, Topshop
- Emilija Frew, Global Head of Online, Tele2
- Matthew Gratze, Head of Ecommerce, Ann Summers
- Paul Hornby, Head of Ecommerce, Shop Direct Group
- Chris Howard, Head of Digital, Shop Direct
- Stuart McMillan, Deputy Head of Ecommerce, Schuh
- Daniel Morley, Head of Digital, Best Western Hotels GB
- David Paice, Group Ecommerce and Admissions Director, Merlin Entertainments PLC
- Daniel Sale, Head of Digital Marketing, Investec Private Bank
- Paul Say, Marketing Director, UKI, Sage
- Rachel Waller, Senior Digital Marketing & Social Manager, Farfetch
- Matt Wilkinson, Senior Ecommerce Manager, Gatwick Airport
- Paul Wishman, Group Ecommerce Director, LV