Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
This refreshed report on the ROI of Tag Management, in association with Tealium, explores how these small pieces of code play an important role in the efficiency and success of digital marketing.
The report is the result of an online survey fielded in January 2015 and taken by 311 digital marketers familiar with their organization's use of tags.
It confirms that vendor tags sit at the heart of digital business and marketing, highlighting the growing number of technologies that digital marketers are deploying, and the critical role that tag management plays in successfully leveraging and managing those technologies.
Who should read this report?
This report is aimed at all those organizations that are using tags on their websites, whether they are implemented manually or through the use of a tag management system. It is also relevant to those interested in the state of the tag management industry.
- 86% of respondents agreed that "Effectively managing website tags is fundamental to digital marketing".
- Tag Management Solutions save time and money. The majority see reduced costs associated with tagging, and find it significantly less expensive.
- TMS give marketing control, and free up IT/Tech resources.
- The time to market is shorter, with more than three quarters of respondents recognizing an improvement in their ability to run marketing campaigns.
Stefan Tornquist is the vice president of research for Econsultancy in New York. His team covers a wide range of digital marketing topics from tactical best practices to strategic transformation. Stefan’s research and commentary have been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Business Week and AdAge, as well as virtually every trade press outlet.
Table of contents
- 1. Executive Summary
- 2. Foreword by Tealium
- 3. Methodology
- 4. Findings
- 5. Appendix: Respondent Profiles
1. Executive Summary
2. Foreword by Tealium
- About Econsultancy
- About Tealium
- Tags – at the center of digital marketing
- A pressing need for unified data in a complex world
- Tag management and marketing efficiency
- The ROI of tag management
- Tag management services – aligning benefits and capabilities
- Looking ahead
5. Appendix: Respondent Profiles
- SAMPLE: The ROI of Tag Management (690 KB PDF)
- The ROI of Tag Management (580 KB PDF)