About this report
The ROI of Tag Management, sponsored by Tealium, examines the challenges of website tag management, and uncovers best practices and solutions of marketers on the cutting edge of implementation. Website tags enable analytics, optimization, and personalization; 87% of surveyed respondents say that effectively managing website tags is fundamental to effective digital marketing.
Tags are used everywhere. All of the following services require them to function:
- Web analytics (Adobe Insight, Google Analytics, Webtrends, etc.)
- Personalization/Optimization (Certona, Visual Revenue, X+1, etc.)
- Affiliate/Performance Marketing (Commission Junction, Mercent, Pepperjam, etc.)
- Audience Measurement (ComScore, Quantcast, etc.)
- Display Advertising/Networks (24/7 Real Media, DoubleClick, Rubicon Project, etc.)
- Shopping (CNet, NexTag, Shopzilla, etc.)
- Retargeting (Avazu, Fetchback, MediaForge, etc.)
- Remarketing/Email (Eloqua, ExactTarget,Responsys, etc.)
- SEM (Bright Edge, Kenshoo, Search Ignite, etc.)
- Social (+1, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
Some marketers continue to update these page tags manually, which is time consuming and can cause delays in implementation while increasing the possibility of error. Automated solutions enable the scale and flexibility that is vital to rapid situational adaption in the dynamic digital marketplace. Read this report and learn everything that digital marketers need to know about tag management, now.
The report explores the key questions for marketers evaluating how their organization handle's website tags and the potential ROI of moving to a managed solution;
- What are industry averages related to manually implementing website tags?
- How significant are the issues and challenges of manually tagging?
- What is the ROI of moving to a managed solution?
- What are the keys to choosing a solution?
- What are the success factors in adopting tag management?
Table of contents
- Executive Summary and Highlights
- Foreword by Tealium
- About Econsultancy
- About Tealium
- Website Tags – At the Center of Digital Marketing
- Increasing Complexity Seems Inevitable
- Impact of Manual Tagging on Marketing Efficiency
- The ROI of Tag Management
- Moving To Tag Management – Aligning Benefits and Vendor Capabilities
- Challenges to Tag Management and Keys to Success
- Looking ahead
- Appendix: Respondent Profiles in Detail
Download a copy of the report to learn more.
A free sample is available for those who want more detail about what is in the report.
Econsultancy has also published a Tag Management Buyer's Guide.