The Role of DMPs in the Era of Data-Driven Advertising report shows that data management platforms (DMPs) are playing an increasingly important role in supporting effective marketing.
The research, part of a new Modern Marketing Actionable Insights Series launched in partnership with Oracle Marketing Cloud, looks at why companies are introducing these increasingly influential technology platforms and the challenges which prevent them being used to maximum effect.
What you’ll learn
- What does the DMP landscape currently look like?
- What are the benefits and potential applications of a DMP? Does product reality align with marketers’ perceptions?
- What is the best option when it comes to managing a DMP? In-house, agency or both?
- Is data enhancing or diminishing creativity?
- What are the key characteristics of a successful data-driven company?
- What role will DMPs play in the future of advertising?
The report also includes a list of actionable best practices to help you make sense of how to take advantage of a DMP for your advertising efforts.
“The benefits of using data management platforms are becoming more widely understood by companies who are keen to make sure they are using their own first- and third-party data to gain a competitive advantage. DMPs can help with better targeted display advertising campaigns, but they are also being harnessed to deliver a better customer experience across a range of touchpoints.
Linus Gregoriadis, Research Director, Econsultancy
The methodology involved three main phases:
- Phase 1: desk research to identify relevant issues, opportunities and use cases.
- Phase 2: a series of in-depth interviews with a range of senior executives working for brands, publishers and agencies.
- Phase 3: an online global survey of 170 senior marketers working in digital marketing and ecommerce across sectors as diverse as financial services, retail, media, travel and automotive. The survey focused on organisations already using DMPs.
Who should read this report?
This report is for anyone interested in the DMP space, in particular brand marketers who are just about to, or have already started using a DMP as part of their advertising activities.
We would like to thank the following for their contributions to this report:
- Christian Bartens, CEO & Founder, Datalicious
- Marco Bertozzi, President, Global Clients, VivaKi
- Hitesh Bhatt, Senior Digital Marketing Strategist, Group Digital, Marketing and Customer Development, Lloyds Banking Group
- Rebecca Braithwaite, Planning Director, Golley Slater Direct & Digital
- Jeff Bullas, CEO, Jeffbullas.com
- Santiago Campillo-Lundbeck, Editor, Horizont
- Mike de Halpert, Global Head of Strategic Analytics, eBay
- Andrew Hood, Managing Director, Lynchpin
- Chris Humphrey, Digital Consultant, Lloyds Banking Group
- Jemma Jones, Department Manager – European Marketing Communications, Honda Motor Europe
- Leif Pellikan, Editor, Werben & Verkaufen
- Tom Roberts, Managing Director, Tribal Worldwide
- Ben Salmon, Founder, Attributely
- David Schruers, Consultant/Founder, Comarteq