Trends, Technology and the Impact of Data in Media and Entertainment, produced in association with Adobe, explores the state of the sector’s digital transformation in light of the data revolution, cloud computing and disruptive change in consumer behavior.
The report is based on a survey of 285 executives in media and entertainment. It examines digital trends, technological innovation and the progress of digital transformation as respondents’ organizations attempt to stay abreast of the sector’s evolution.
Given the necessity to adapt to the digital and mobile shift, respondents have been grouped by their relative states of digital transformation, based on responses to questions on the availability of digital data, analytics resources and technology utilization. Companies at each end of the spectrum, the transformed and the traditional, each make up roughly 20% of the total sample. This distinction is helpful in evaluating where the industry is today and where it’s headed.
- Advertiser need for nuanced performance data
- Publisher focus on capability, segmentation and addressability
- Technology and replatforming
- Consumer trends
While mobile remains chief among consumer trends affecting media and entertainment, competition for consumers’ attention from new content and channels has emerged as a significant obstacle in the way of average and traditional companies attempting a digital transformation.
You’ll also discover:
- How do different technology approaches affect the usability and visibility of marketing data?
- Which KPIs are emerging or receding, and which matter most to forward-leaning companies?
- What is the disconnect between the priority of replatforming and staffing for the future?
- What are the top product initiatives for 2017/2018?
- What are the key drivers of technology replatforming and are companies hitting their marks?