Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
There is a newer version of this report available: UK Search Engine Marketing Benchmark Report 2014
The UK Search Engine Marketing Benchmark Report 2010, carried out in association with search agency Guava, contains a comprehensive analysis of the UK search marketing environment.
The 100-page report, covering search engine optimisation (SEO or natural search), paid search (PPC) and social media marketing, is based on an online survey of more than 500 client-side digital marketers and agencies.
This report, now in its fourth year, is available as a PDF document and also as a summarised PowerPoint presentation.
The research gives a unique and thorough insight into how much companies are spending on search marketing and social media, what search engines and social media sites they are focusing on and what metrics they are using to measure success ... plus much more.
The survey findings are divided into the following sections:
- Type of search activity and search services
- Technology and analytics
- Objectives, effectiveness and ROI
- Search engines
- Search engine marketing and social media sites
- Barriers to effective search and social media marketing
- The higher cost of clicks continues to have the biggest negative impact on paid search ROI.
- A third of companies are planning to increase paid search budget by more than 20%.
- The proportion of companies planning to increase SEO spending over the next 12 months has jumped significantly.
- 39% of companies say that ROI from Google paid search is now better than a year ago.
- Two thirds of companies say they are planning to increase their spending on social media marketing.
- The biggest problems for companies wanting to be successful at social media marketing are lack of internal resource and measuring success.
Download a free sample of the report to learn more.
- UK Search Engine Marketing Benchmark Report 2010 (2.85 MB PDF)
- UK Search Engine Marketing Benchmark Report 2010 Presentation (1.73 MB Microsoft PowerPoint)