Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
About this Guide
This guide aims to be the first step in a journey that will see you become a fully-fledged expert in web analytics – one of the central tools companies need to become successful online.
It is free to registered users. (Bronze membership and higher).
You can use the guide to discover what web analytics is all about: how it works, how to manage it, what pitfalls you need to avoid and why an investment in it can be a very smart move.
But view it as a jumping-off point. Other reports we have published go into much more detail about all these things.
The following topics are covered within this document:
- What is web analytics?
- The basics: how web analytics work?
- Why does web analytics matter?
- Why should I bother with web analytics?
- What kind of results can I expect?
- Who manages web analytics?
- Where do I start with web analytics?
- Web Analytics Beginner's Guide (294 KB PDF)