1. Introduction Digital advertising has grown to become the largest advertising medium in the UK, and is expected to represent 50% of total advertising spend across the world as early as 2019. Thanks to people spending more time than ever online, the uniquely low barriers to entry and the wealth of data that digital advertising […]
2019 Digital Trends
The ninth annual Digital Trends report, in association with Adobe, looks at the most significant digital-related trends that are driving marketing and customer experience strategies in the short to medium term.
It’s based on a global survey of nearly 13,000 industry professionals working for both brands and agencies, and focuses on what companies are prioritising and what they regard as the greatest challenges.
1. Introduction This guide has been written to help senior marketers better understand the opportunities offered by experiential marketing, outlining when and how the discipline can add value. Its purpose is to help brands plan and execute experiential marketing activities and to be mindful of the challenges involved. New studies show that we are continuing […]
1. Introduction This report is aimed at providing guidance on setting up and running a highly effective programmatic campaign in the present climate. It is intended as an informational tool for advertisers who run their ads programmatically, as an audit guide for agencies that deliver the programmatic activity and as a best practice manual for […]
1. Introduction ‘Learning from Digital Disruptors’ defines best practice strategies, tactics and approaches from disruptive brands and businesses and distils key learnings that marketers can usefully apply in their day-to-day roles. The goal was to understand key thinking and innovative techniques and provide some practical guidance on their potential application in order to help marketers […]
1. Foreword When I ask senior marketers to tell me what marketing framework they are most familiar with, they often suggest the 4Ps (Product, Price, Place and Promotion). This model was first published in 1960 by American marketing professor Edmund Jerome McCarthy in his book Basic Marketing: A Managerial Approach. This was in an era of […]
1. Introduction Personalisation is all about delivering greater relevance to customers and providing a richer experience by serving the right message on the right channel at the right time. Companies that harness the power of personalisation and offer experiences tailored to each consumer’s specific needs will find their customers are more likely to continue their […]
1. Introduction This report is a complementary guide to Econsultancy’s current suite of social media best practice guides, including Social Media Strategy, Social Media Platforms and Paid Social Media Advertising. It outlines the strategic approaches, use cases, considerations and useful guidelines for B2B marketers to consider when devising their social media strategy. 1.1. Executive summary […]
1. Introduction In response to the exponential growth in marketing technology solutions available over the past few years (Figure 1), this report aims to provide a practical overview of 60 popular and peer-recommended tools in four main categories. Figure 1: Number of martech solutions globally Source: Chiefmartech.com Chiefmartech’s Marketing Technology Landscape Supergraphic 2018 lists more […]
1. Introduction 1.1. Executive summary This report seeks to provide marketers who are considering the use of marketing automation with a simple guide to what it is, how to plan for and implement it, what success looks like and what the future of the industry may hold. This guide hopes to be useful to a […]
1. Introduction “Big companies forget about local. Small businesses need local SEO to survive.” Andrew Cock-Starkey, SEO Consultant, Optimisey For single location businesses as well as global franchise operations, location is becoming increasingly important. When done well, local SEO has the potential to drive significant traffic to a brand website or to a storefront or […]
1. Foreword Before the launch of the iPhone in 2007, and for some years after that, ‘mobile’ was perceived as a standalone channel, deserving a dedicated strategy, budget and team. Now that ‘mobile’ has become infused into every aspect of digital marketing, no longer considered as a distinct channel, do marketers still need a standalone […]
1. Introduction Neurodiversity is considered to be an essential form of human diversity. The idea that there is one ‘normal’ or ‘healthy’ type of brain or one ‘right’ style of neurocognitive functioning is no more valid than the idea that there is one ‘normal’ or ‘right’ gender, race or culture. There is evidence that neurodiversity […]
Methodology This report is based on an online survey conducted in the third quarter of 2018. Invitations were sent to targeted third-party lists. Respondents were offered an incentive to complete the survey. It closed on September 5th with 396 qualified responses. The sample was comprised of performance agency executives in North America who qualified for […]
1. Introduction Businesses of all sizes around the world are undergoing digital transformation in various forms, with the global market for digital transformation forecast to reach $798bn by 2025, according to Research and Markets. However, digital transformation is far from being a monolith. Although companies undergoing digital transformation use many of the same tools and […]
1. Executive Summary “We don’t sell a product, we sell an experience.” That’s how 62% of marketing executives in the wellness and healthcare category describe their business. Healthcare marketers know that their market is changing as the power dynamic shifts toward the consumer. What isn’t so clear is what to do about it. Based on […]
1. Foreword by Movable Ink In today’s era, visual is the language that moves people. But for brands, the process of generating visual content is complex. As digital marketers strive to deliver more creative, for more campaigns, delivered in more channels, and optimised for more devices, the process breaks. You can’t possibly solve this problem […]
1. Introduction Building on its inaugural Career and Salary Survey in 2015, Econsultancy collaborated with sister brand Marketing Week again this year to survey 4,084 people across the marketing, digital, design and advertising industries. This is the industry’s most in-depth census of marketing careers and salaries in the UK and presents a robust look at […]
1. Foreword by Adobe John WattonSenior Director, MarketingAdobe The battleground for customer loyalty has moved from the tangible to the intangible. From products and services to experiences and ease of access. It’s why Spotify has become more than a streaming service, why Swisscom offers a digital experience that adapts to customers in real time, and […]
Keen to find more charts, data and information about digital marketing?
Try our new Econsultancy Internet Statistics Database, which features all the facts and figures you need for presentations and business cases