1. Introduction This report is a complementary guide to Econsultancy’s current suite of social media best practice guides, including Social Media Strategy, Social Media Platforms and Paid Social Media Advertising. It outlines the strategic approaches, use cases, considerations and useful guidelines for B2B marketers to consider when devising their social media strategy. 1.1. Executive summary […]
Skills of the Modern Marketer Webinar
Coinciding with the release of Econsultancy’s, Skills of the Modern Marketer report, this webinar touches on:
- The key skills required for a successful career in modern marketing.
- Some of the key issues, challenges and opportunities around developing modern marketing skills.
- Providing marketers with guidance in terms of what skills they need to think about developing in the near future.
January 24th, 2pm GMT | 9am EST
1. Introduction In response to the exponential growth in marketing technology solutions available over the past few years (Figure 1), this report aims to provide a practical overview of 60 popular and peer-recommended tools in four main categories. Figure 1: Number of martech solutions globally Source: Chiefmartech.com Chiefmartech’s Marketing Technology Landscape Supergraphic 2018 lists more […]
1. Introduction 1.1. Executive summary This report seeks to provide marketers who are considering the use of marketing automation with a simple guide to what it is, how to plan for and implement it, what success looks like and what the future of the industry may hold. This guide hopes to be useful to a […]
1. Introduction “Big companies forget about local. Small businesses need local SEO to survive.” Andrew Cock-Starkey, SEO Consultant, Optimisey For single location businesses as well as global franchise operations, location is becoming increasingly important. When done well, local SEO has the potential to drive significant traffic to a brand website or to a storefront or […]
1. Foreword Before the launch of the iPhone in 2007, and for some years after that, ‘mobile’ was perceived as a standalone channel, deserving a dedicated strategy, budget and team. Now that ‘mobile’ has become infused into every aspect of digital marketing, no longer considered as a distinct channel, do marketers still need a standalone […]
1. Introduction Neurodiversity is considered to be an essential form of human diversity. The idea that there is one ‘normal’ or ‘healthy’ type of brain or one ‘right’ style of neurocognitive functioning is no more valid than the idea that there is one ‘normal’ or ‘right’ gender, race or culture. There is evidence that neurodiversity […]
1. About this Guide 1.1. How this guide is structured Econsultancy’s series of best practice guides have been created for professionals who typically work in marketing or ecommerce roles. The guides steer readers to ensure that projects and strategies are executed in the right way for optimal results. This guide to mobile and web user […]
1. Introduction When compared with other sectors, such as financial services, retail and travel, pharma and healthcare has been relatively slow in its digital transformation journey. However, in recent years, organisations in the sector have made impressive strides when it comes to using digital to improve the customer experience. This is due to a convergence […]
1. Introduction This guide has been written to help the retail sector’s heads of customer experience, CCOs, CMOs, senior marketers, heads of digital and CIOs to move along the omnichannel journey towards omnichannel excellence. Its purpose is to give brands an understanding of the current retail landscape, which key challenges they need to address and […]
1. Introduction 1.1. Executive summary With an increasing number of digital channels, the time, attention and trust that consumers have to give to marketing content is fragmented. To make matters worse, consumers’ unprecedented power to control their media experiences has made it more challenging than ever to reach them. On the other hand, marketers have […]
1. Introduction 1.1 Executive summary This report identifies best practice approaches, techniques, challenges and opportunities around storytelling in the context of marketing. It explores how marketers perceive the importance of storytelling to the practice of marketing and the best practice application of storytelling principles to support marketing objectives and activity. The following topics are covered […]
1. Executive Summary Customer Lifetime Value (CLV) is considered one of the most important factors in determining present and future success of a business. However, less than half of those surveyed for this research said they were able to measure CLV. With it costing less to retain a customer than acquire a new one and […]
Introduction Welcome to the first Digital Outlook report published by Econsultancy. This hype-free report draws on expert opinion in industry, as well as our research, to pick out topics that marketers may not have engaged with in 2018, but perhaps should do in 2019. The topics discussed are mostly tactical, highlighting emerging technology and processes […]
1. Introduction In 2012, Anthony Tan and Tan Hooi Ling launched an app that sought to solve transport woes in Malaysia. Taxis in Malaysia had a reputation for refusing to use the in-taxi meters, and customers would be overcharged. Today, with US$5bn in funding and an app download count of more than 95 million, Grab […]
1. Executive summary The question of who controls how an organisation’s marketing technology budget is spent first hit the headlines in 2012 when Gartner predicted that, by 2017, CMOs would be spending more on tech than CIOs. Since then, as marketing spend on digital channels has continued to grow, and as customer experience has become […]
1. Welcome to Digital Shift Digital Shift is Econsultancy’s new trends service designed to give you the need-to-know insights into the key shifts in the digital marketing and ecommerce space. As we all know the pace of change that digital marketers face is relentless. Every day there are reams of articles, blog posts, product announcements […]
1. Foreword by Fresh Relevance Consumers have more products to choose from and more shops to consider than ever. But the modern shopper just doesn’t have the time to go through the thousands of SKUs that you might have on your website. Feeling overwhelmed by the endless shopping options at their fingertips, shoppers long for […]
1. Introduction ‘The Future of Marketing’ is based on an exploratory and descriptive research enquiry into the trends shaping the future of marketing. The report examines the main objectives and key priority areas for marketers within the next five years. A survey was conducted among 492 respondents who classified as advertisers/ client-side marketers, media owners […]
1. Executive summary Predictive analytics continues to be central to the most exciting opportunities in marketing; the delivery of great customer experiences, data-driven marketing focused on the individual, and the creation of compelling content for digital experiences. But it remains a challenging discipline that many organisations continue to struggle with. This report builds on two […]
Webinar Recording 1. Welcome to Digital Shift Digital Shift is Econsultancy’s trends service, designed to give you the need-to-know insights into the key shifts in the digital marketing and ecommerce space. As we all know, the pace of change that digital marketers face is relentless. Each day, we are faced with articles, blog posts, product […]
1. Executive Summary and Highlights The 10th annual Optimization Report (previously the Conversion Rate Optimization Report), produced by Econsultancy in partnership with RedEye Optimisation, explores the key requirements for success, including organizational setup and culture, the use of metrics, and the most effective approach to testing and experimentation. The report is based on a survey […]
Keen to find more charts, data and information about digital marketing?
Try our new Econsultancy Internet Statistics Database, which features all the facts and figures you need for presentations and business cases