Writing for business doesn’t mean having to be deathly dull. In this one-day course you’ll learn how to create b2b marketing copy that stands out.
No events to show
Want to run this event in-house? Enquire about running this event in-house
Writing for business doesn’t mean having to be deathly dull. In this one-day course you’ll learn how to create b2b marketing copy that stands out, how to structure your writing to grab attention and get your time-starved audience to act, and how to avoid the common mistakes companies and agencies fall into when they’re writing for a business or corporate audience.
No need to bring your laptop. We’ll be working with paper and pencil. (Remember them?)
One-day course, blending presentation, discussion, exercises and pair-and-group-work.
You’ll review the underpinning techniques of leaders’ language and how to apply them to your b2b campaigns. You’ll learn how to handle facts, figures and statistics more effectively. And we’ll cover tackling business technical, legal and management jargon without losing the focus on your audience.
We’ll practice the inverted pyramid structure to make sure your time-poor readers get the message. And you’ll practise headline and sub-headline writing to draw attention in overcrowded inboxes.
You’ll learn how to beef up your personality and point of view to stand out from the b2b crowd, and especially how to create thought leadership and business blogs that feature actual opinions.
Who should attend?
Anyone in a b2b marketing job, at all levels. This course will be beneficial to marketing practitioners, managers and leaders. The course will be particularly relevant to marketers who look after business-targeted advertising campaigns, b2b content marketing, long copy, case studies, thought leadership, sales enablement and content-led events.
Junior or mid-weight b2b copywriters or editors keen to hone their skills in a challenging but safe environment should also sign up for this course.
How will I benefit?
After the Copy that Means Business course, you’ll be able to:
- make your b2b marketing copy more persuasive and more likely to generate responses
- write clearer and more singled-minded b2b briefs
- handle facts, figures and statistics more effectively
- create more opinionated thought leadership and b2b social content
- avoid the pitfalls of unconvincing testimonials or case studies
- structure your b2b writing to make your main point land.
What will I learn?
After the course, you’ll leave with:
- honed general marketing and creative skills
- new techniques for b2b marketing gathered from leaders’ language
- insight into the common problems with b2b writing and how to avoid them
- better skills in articulating benefits that will resonate with a business audience
- a better grasp of how to find the tone of voice for b2b
- techniques for cutting jargon, getting in more opinion, staying concrete, differentiating, simplifying, and balancing content and audience.
CPD Accreditation - As we’re a registered provider with the CPD Standards Office you’ll get an official CPD Certificate of attendance upon completion of the course. This can be used within your formal CPD record for a professional body, institute, or employer.
Jon is one of the most experienced brand language strategists in the UK. He has a Masters in Creative Writing and spent ten years as a copywriter. He headed BT Group's tone of voice programme – growing it into the world's biggest brand language campaign, training 25,000 people, winning awards and saving £millions. Now he uses this rare mix of skills and experience to help organisations find and exploit the right language for them. Recently he's worked with Ermenegildo Zegna, Openreach, Groupe Chantelle and Dimension Data.