This fully participatory online training workshop covers the essentials of successful social media advertising campaigns. It explores best-practice campaigns, tools and techniques for writing copy, bidding strategy, and aligning your paid, owned & earned social activity. Can we help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
8 July 20201 DayOnline
- £695.00 excl. VAT
7 October 20201 DayOnline
- £695.00 excl. VAT
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for digital and marketing professionals with a basic understanding of the fundamentals of social media marketing who are looking to start advertising or improve their current approach.
What will I learn?
Understand the social media platforms and advertising options
- Explore the range of choices available to advertisers in the major social media platforms: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram
- Consider secondary platforms such as Pinterest, Slideshare, Instagram and other alternative platforms
- See some fascinating examples of best practice
A social advertising strategy that works
- Aligning social advertising to your owned and earned social activity
- Aligning social advertising to your offline activity – taking an integrated approach
- Getting the creative right for different audiences and platforms
- Selecting the right bidding strategy
Tracking and analysis
- Analysing the competitor landscape
- Analysing and understanding your social advertising data
- Optimising social advertising campaigns
This is an online course using Zoom. You can access easily through your web browser and we'll give you a quick tutorial at the start to ensure you get the most out of the workshop.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Build or refine your social advertising strategy; choose the most appropriate balance of paid, owned and earned activity in social campaigns
- Understand and evaluate the different advertising options on the major social media platforms
- Evaluate and analyse your existing social media advertising and create a checklist for improvements
This course can also be delivered exclusively for your team. In-company training ensures everyone is up to best-practice standard and you'll benefit from a more open environment to discuss your most pressing issues.
We are a registered provider with the CPD Standards Office. Delegates completing this course may be issued with a CPD Certificate of Attendance, which can be used within their formal CPD record for a professional body, institute, or employer.
Michelle Goodall specialises in digital transformation, communications, content, community and social media strategies.
Formerly Head of Digital at Lexis Public Relations, she has more than 19 years’ experience developing social media strategies, working on digital transformation projects and developing customer engagement strategies.
Michelle’s clients, past and present, span many industries and include Dove, Direct Line, Charities Aid Foundation, Econsultancy, BBC, Building Research Establishment, Coca Cola, Domino’s, eBay, Camelot, Penguin Random House, Macmillan, Diageo, Boots, McCarthy & Stone, Agricultural and Horticultural Development Board and Barclaycard.
She worked with LOCOG, the organising body for London2012, over a 4-year period and was involved in the highly successful social media/communications activity during the games itself.