As Ecommerce matures and customers are trained by your competitors to expect more, marketing and commercial professionals must be able to satisfy customers whilst also increasing profits. Can we help? Call the team on 020 7970 4167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
6 November 20191 day
Event is fullJoin waiting list
- £695.00 excl. VAT
4 February 20201 day
- Earlybird discount £535.50 excl. VAT
- £595.00 excl. VAT
Want to run this event in-house? Enquire about running this event in-house
Our popular Fast Track series of courses provide intensive and practical training to provide marketers with essential knowledge and skills in digital marketing.
James Gurd is one of the UK's leading trainers and thought-leaders in Ecommerce and online merchandising. In this course he takes a whole-business approach to the art of selling online, from promises made to customers, right through to post-purchase selling.
This intensive course is focused on ensuring you understand the fundamentals of online selling, guiding you through a framework for online merchandising. From product selection and presentation, through search, sorting, filtering and promotions, to an introduction of rule-based merchandising, we will explain the key approaches to merchandising with relevant examples and case studies.
The day considers selling 'in the round': from the promises made to customers through to post-purchase selling. We also place online selling in the context of offline selling (store, catalogue and telephone) as well as within a performance framework, suggesting some KPIs to assess progress based on a test-measure-optimise approach to selling.
The multichannel, commercial approach will allow participants to communicate the benefits of a whole-business approach to selling online, as well as measuring and sharing the success.
Course Requirements: A wi-fi enabled laptop or tablet is required for this course. If you cannot bring your own please contact us to reserve a rental laptop at a cost of £50 + VAT.
Who should attend?
This course is targeted at beginner/intermediate level, and is ideal for anyone interested in improving their approach to selling effectiveness online. Examples include: senior marketers responsible for the sales performance of the e-commerce channel but who don’t have direct merchandising experience; junior and mid-level online merchandisers interested in planning for increased sales effectiveness; offline merchandisers looking to understand the capabilities and demands of modern online selling and systems; or heads of e-commerce looking to lead team improvements in selling and wanting to compare their team’s capabilities with a good practice framework.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the framework for online merchandising and examples of good practice that you can apply to your business
- Place online selling in the context of your wider customer communications strategy, communicating your channel's needs and benefits to colleagues in your business.
- Specify, plan and implement rules-based online selling; testing, measuring and improving performance.
- Understand and be able to apply a KPI/performance-led approach to selling
What will I learn?
The course covers:
Fundamentals of Online Merchandising
- The impact of your brand and customer proposition on merchandising success
- The essential problems to solve in online merchandising
- Getting your product data to the best possible standards
- Basic presentation - search, filter, sort orders, promotion - and the opportunities and problems presented
- Promotional strategies and their demands on online merchandising systems
- How to use exit intent and remarketing to extend your merchandising shelf life
Key Metrics and Performance Indicators
- A review of the traditional metrics for stock and sales performance and their applicability to online
- Online-only metrics
- Important Key Performance Indicators
Online Merchandising Techniques and Considerations
- Rule-based or algorithmic systems
- Behavioural profiling to drive rules
- Use of personae
- A:B testing in online merchandising
We are a registered provider with the CPD Standards Office. Delegates completing this course may be issued with a CPD Certificate of Attendance, which can be used within their formal CPD record for a professional body, institute, or employer.
James is owner and lead consultant at Digital Juggler, an digital transformation and ecommerce strategy consultancy. He's an experienced ecommerce professional with more than 14 years’ digital experience both Client and Agency side. He has managed ecommerce & customer service teams in-house and worked with Client teams to help them plan and evolve their ecommerce strategy.
As a an independent consultant he has worked for clients including House of Fraser, Selfridges, Home Retail Group, Samsung, Sage, Smythson, Sweaty Betty and Rocco Forte Hotels. At House of Fraser James was the Business Lead for a global multi-channel digital transformation project, helping the business launch an international pilot project for the Australian market.
He’s active in the industry and co-host of #EcomChat, an weekly industry Twitter chat on ecommerce topic. James guest blogs for Econsultancy & PCAPredict and is the Smart Insights expert commentator for Ecommerce optimisation, and is the author of popular best practice guides for Econsultancy and Smart Insights