SEO is a complex subject and for those wishing to move their knowledge beyond the basics, this course has been designed for the intermediate to advanced practitioner.
14 December 20181 day
Register4 places remaining
- £695.00 excl. VAT
Want to run this event in-house? Enquire about running this event in-house
There's lots to consider when optimising for maximum visibility through search. From key phrase research and query audits, to content strategy, page mark-up and site architecture. Getting all these things right is key to grabbing customers who know what they want, but not where to get it from.
Providing you with a structured process to improve your results from SEO, an industry expert will lead this one-day workshop, reviewing attendees' existing optimisation approaches, analytics and tools against their top-performing competitors and best practice.
- Common issues and diagnostics
- Diagnostic tools and data variables to focus on
- Keyword research and how SEO can fit with PPC
- Information retrieval and Query Type Analysis
- Applying query-type learnings to copywriting and content strategy
- Introduction to content strategy – method approach and tools
Who should attend?
- Search engine marketers with responsibilities for SEO, either at an agency or client-side
- Digital marketers getting to grips with the channel and keen to learn
- Digital marketing managers or agency account managers who need to be familiar with advanced approaches to review and discuss the current SEO strategies adopted by their staff or clients
- You will need to have the experience of having worked on SEO projects to gain the most from the session.
You will already be familiar with the principles of SEO which are covered on our intermediate SEO Marketing course.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course, you'll be able to:
- Audit your current approach against cutting-edge approaches using a structured process
- Identify and prioritise the quick wins and longer-term benefits
- Spot opportunities for improvements through freely available resources and tools
- Avoid "red flag" techniques which can result in a ranking penalty
What will I learn?
- Crawling, Indexing & the Algorithm
- Algorithm Updates
- Identification of Indexation Issues
- Mobile Issues & International Indexation
- Common Technical Site Issues & How to overcome them
- Google, JS and AJAX - how to make it work
- Technical diagnostics tools
Advanced Keyword Research
- Using Google Adwords Tool with Other Tools
- Competitive Keyword Analysis
- Keyword Value 3D Data Mapping
- Linking Adwords Data to Google Search Console and Analytics
- Information retrieval and query-type classification
- Other Available Keyword Research Tools
- Site Authority, TrustFlow & MOZ Domain Authority
- Using Keyword Research in IA
- Site Structure
- Natural Link Structures & how to identify them
Advanced On Page SEO
- Information Retrieval and Query Type Analysis
- On-Page Elements – Best Practice
- Content Keyword Myths & Truths
- Introduction to content strategy
Schema & Structured Markup
- How is Schema Useful to Your SEO?
- Implementing Schema
We are a registered provider with the CPD Standards Office. Delegates completing this course may be issued with a CPD Certificate of Attendance, which can be used within their formal CPD record for a professional body, institute, or employer.
Judith Lewis is a Digital Marketing Specialist who has been working actively in the online environment since 1996. Her expertise spans communities, audience development, SEO, SMO, PPC and other digital marketing channels.
Judith has written chapters on: analytics and SEO, measuring social media and general SEO for various industry publications. She writes a semi-regular column on search and social media, have written guest spots on various marketing websites and is an in-demand speaker at conferences around the world including Internet World, A4U, SMX and SES.
Judith has also managed an SEO hub where she taught SEO/M and helped develop peoples' skills and abilities. She has worked on social platforms to develop communities, managed online reputation, worked with PR and revolutionised the approach to SEO within different companies she has worked in.
After being first introduced to the internet over 20 years ago during a programming course, Judith went on to study social interactions via live online systems, writing her undergraduate thesis on the topic, eventually moving in to the IT industry full time after relocating from Canada to the UK in 1996. She has worked within e-commerce and high tech as well as publishing before entering her current training role agency-side.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
Social Media Optimization (SMO)
Social Media Marketing (SMM)