This one-day immersion into social media customer service is ideal for anyone looking to improve their digital and online customer experience.
No events to show
Want to run this event in-house? Enquire about running this event in-house
Whether you need to create or refine a social servicing strategy, or simply skill up teams responsible for customer service, this course will enable you to evaluate the business benefits and work through the operational challenges and customer engagement in social media.
We'll cover the critical processes for effective social media customer service and run through a short simulated exercise to help attendees experience the challenges of social media servicing.
We will consider the importance of effective risk/reputation management and look at techniques to improve customer verification, complaint handling and escalation.
Comprising a mixture of trainer led presentation, and individual exercises and discussion; the course will provide a solid overview of social media, customer service and examples of the major challenges and how to overcome them.
Course Requirements: A wi-fi enabled laptop or tablet is required for this course. If you cannot bring your own please contact us to reserve a rental laptop at a cost of £50+VAT.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for anyone looking to get to grips with social media customer service or developing digital customer servicing/customer engagement/customer experience strategies. Customer Service, Customer Experience, Customer Engagement, Marketing, Public Relations and Ecommerce professionals will all benefit from this course.
How will I benefit?
- Understand how to develop a social media customer service strategy to align with business objectives
- Understand how consumer expectations and needs are evolving in social media
- Explore the risks of social media servicing and ensure you have effective strategies to manage your reputation online
- Be able to apply a rigorous planning process to social media servicing
- Be able to evaluate appropriate channels, content, tools, engagement techniques and resources for your social servicing activity
- Be able to measure the success of your social media servicing activity
- Take some ‘quick fix’ tips back to the office
What will I learn?
- Why social media servicing is so important – customer expectations and business benefits
- The ground rules of social servicing - illustrated with plenty of examples of good/bad social media customer service
- The critical processes for social customer servicing
- The technology vendor landscape
- Tone and engagement
- Identifying and verifying customers
- Handling difficult customers in social media
- Crisis and issues management and escalation
We are a registered provider with the CPD Standards Office. Delegates completing this course may be issued with a CPD Certificate of Attendance, which can be used within their formal CPD record for a professional body, institute, or employer.
Michelle Goodall specialises in digital transformation, communications, content, community and social media strategies.
Formerly Head of Digital at Lexis Public Relations, she has more than 19 years’ experience developing social media strategies, working on digital transformation projects and developing customer engagement strategies.
Michelle’s clients, past and present, span many industries and include Dove, Direct Line, Charities Aid Foundation, Econsultancy, BBC, Building Research Establishment, Coca Cola, Domino’s, eBay, Camelot, Penguin Random House, Macmillan, Diageo, Boots, McCarthy & Stone, Agricultural and Horticultural Development Board and Barclaycard.
She worked with LOCOG, the organising body for London2012, over a 4-year period and was involved in the highly successful social media/communications activity during the games itself.