Intensive 2-day course covering frameworks, templates and case studies on content marketing strategies. Learn how to engage with prospects and customers, using the right content at the right time.
10 October 20192 days
- $2,600.00 excl. GST
Want to run this event in-house? Enquire about running this event in-house
Brands are increasingly turning to content driven marketing strategies to gain marketplace attention and increase customer engagement in a multi-channel environment. For your marketing to be effective, you will need to provide content that’s useful to your customers and that advances your business objectives in a measurable way. It is also vital to create high engagement by building and maintaining a community around your content.
The discipline of content marketing provides the framework for ensuring that your content delivers on these essential requirements across all relevant traditional and digital platforms. In addition to covering the basic principles of content marketing, this 2-day workshop seeks to address the challenges of marketers in developing a content strategy and help marketers to create a realistic and sustainable content plan.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the shift in approach from interruptive advertising to branded content
- Learn to research and understand your audience, and create compelling content to the right target audience at the right time and place
- Understand the customer decision journey and context to infuse the right content
- Use world-class frameworks to create your content strategy and plans
- Learn how to measure the success of your content marketing plans
This robust 2-day course contains 10 main modules, and includes real life case studies and relevant role plays for you to work through.
Module 1: Introduction to Content Marketing
- What is Content Marketing?
- The role of content marketing in a multi-channel marketing world
- The shift from selling to educating and entertaining – content as marketing
- Case studies of great content marketing strategies and campaigns
Module 2: Business Objectives and User-Centred Content
- Understanding your business objectives for content marketing
- Researching your audience – what are their goals and objectives
- Identifying key user journeys and touch points, and creating compelling content for your target segments at the right time and right place
- Exercise: planning a clear business objectives for content marketing
Module 3: Brand Storytelling and Branded Content
- The concept of the Uninvited Brand
- Content marketing starts with a great story
- Brand storytelling - the role of branding and the concept of storytelling
- Branded content versus traditional advertising approach
Module 4: Content Marketing for Multiple Online and Traditional Channels, Devices and Context
- Planning an effective content strategy across traditional channels, online media, social media and mobile
- Channel considerations - platforms, sizes, formats, time of day
- Integrated marketing approach for distributing content across traditional and new digital channels
Module 5: Content Marketing Strategy
- A 6-step framework for content marketing strategy development – from pre-production, production to post-production
- Exercise: create a content marketing strategy and plan from audience persona research to editorial calendar & distribution
Module 6: The Challenges and Considerations in Content Marketing
- Your limited resources, and outsourcing or in-house
- Planning your content marketing budget
- How to successfully co-ordinate across different departments (PR, Marketing, IT, Sales etc.)
Module 7: Measuring Success, KPIs and ROI
- Are your content marketing plans supporting your business objectives?
- Measuring success - analytics and KPIs
- Hard versus soft metrics, long term versus short term metrics
Module 8: Special Content Marketing Topic - Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- SEO and content marketing
- On-page search engine optimisation: researching and using keywords
- Off-page search engine optimisation: link building and PR
Module 9: Special Content Marketing Topic - Social Media and Social Web
- The impact of social media on marketing and PR
- Key channels: Facebook, Twitter, blogs, YouTube and others
- Principles for increasing engagement and driving results on social media
- Building the right profile and increasing followers, friends and contacts
Module 10: Conclusions and Action Plans
- Building a realistic, sustainable and effective content marketing strategy
- The future trends
- Inspirational content marketing case studies
Course Fee: RM 2,600/pax + 6% SST (HRDF Claimable)
Group Discount: Register 3 pax and above to apply RM 2,300/pax + 6% SST
Eu Gene Ang is the Lead Trainer in Asia for Econsultancy and has trained over 3,000 participants in digital marketing courses and seminars across Asia. He provides digital marketing training and consulting for global clients like American Express, Gucci, Standard Chartered, Volkswagen, TripAdvisor, Sanofi, and regional firms like SPH, Maybank, OCBC, Media Prima, Resorts World Sentosa, Great Eastern and Singtel among many others. Eu Gene also lectures digital marketing in the MBA programme at the National University of Singapore (NUS).
Eu Gene has 21 years experience in marketing, and has worked in top global firms like 3M, FedEx and DHL in various senior sales and marketing roles. He is also one of the few certified Google Regional Trainer that trains the official Google AdWords and Analytics courses. Eu Gene also leads the regional trainer team for the Certificate in Digital Marketing (powered by Econsultancy) programme organized by the Association of Accredited Advertising Agents Singapore (4As Singapore) and supported by the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA).
Eu Gene previously founded and managed an award-winning boutique digital marketing agency based in Singapore. He is also a highly sought after trainer and speaker, and has delivered keynote speeches and workshops at the National Sales & Marketing Congress Singapore, Econsultancy's Digital Cream, Yahoo! Purple Workshop, Digital Outlook workshop, Google Classroom, and many others.
Eu Gene holds a Master In Business Administration (MBA), Marketing, from the Nanyang Technological University, and Bachelor in Business Administration (Marketing), BBA (1st Class Honours) from the National University of Singapore. He held 3 scholarships from the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS), Singapore Chinese Chamber of Commerce Foundation and the Public Service Commission (PSC) of Singapore. He was also awarded the Harvard Club Gold Medal, Toh Chin Chye Book Prize and the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) Book Prize for graduating as the top Honours student. He is also a Google AdWords Qualified Individual, certified in Advanced Search Engine Marketing and a certified Regional Trainer for Google Partner Academy.
Who Should Attend?
Marketers, senior managers, communications professionals and business owners who want to understand the impact of content marketing on their business.