This 1-day course will help attendees overcome the obstacles they face during the planning process.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
Want to run this event in-house? Enquire about running this event in-house
This course will help attendees overcome the obstacles they face during the planning process. Participants will learn about the whole marketing planning process, complete exercises which cover marketing objectives, strategies and tactics, and produce a comprehensive strategic marketing plan.
Additionally, attendees will be provided with a marketing plan template, a checklist of what to include in the marketing plan, and a set of questions to ask themselves to ensure that the new plan covers everything needed by the marketing team.
There are many reasons why businesses review and change their marketing strategies. They may be reviewing the marketing budget, planning to enter a new market, or even launching a new product.
Regardless, a new marketing strategy requires a new marketing plan to ensure everyone is working toward the new business goal.
Yet when business owners and senior marketers are drafting a marketing plan, they may struggle with getting started, knowing what to include, and understanding when the marketing plan is complete.
What you will learn:
The reason for strategic marketing planning
- Why businesses change marketing strategies
- How marketing helps businesses achieve goals
- The elements of a marketing plan
Getting started with a new marketing plan
- Communicating business goals in the marketing plan
- Aligning marketing objectives to business goals
- Including goals and objectives in the marketing plan
Devising a marketing strategy
- Strategic marketing overview: 4Ps, BCG matrix, Ansoff’s Matrix
- Segmentation, targeting and positioning (STP) in-depth
- Choosing the right strategy for your business
- Communicating the marketing strategy
- Evaluating the marketing mix
- Using owned, paid and earned media for achieving marketing objectives
- Setting targets for the appropriate channels
- Producing a measurement framework for the marketing plan
Completing the marketing plan
- Allocating marketing budgets
- Determining an implementation schedule
- Reviewing the checklist to finalize the marketing plan
Course fee: SGD695/pax
Early Bird Discount: Register 30 days before course start date to enjoy 10% discount
Group Discount: Register for 3 or more participants to enjoy 5% discount
Who Should Attend?
This course is for business leaders and marketers who are
- Planning for an annual marketing strategy meeting
- Drafting annual or quarterly marketing budgets
- Entering a new market
- Launching or relaunching a product
No specific background is required as attendees will write a marketing plan from the ground up with guidance on devising a strategy, setting objectives, and choosing the best marketing tactics for achieving their business goals.
Jeff Rajeck is currently a researcher, trainer and consultant for Econsultancy in APAC and posts frequently on the Econsultancy blog about social media marketing, analytics and statistics (http://econsultancy.com/blog/authors/jeff-rajeck).
For the last 5 years, Jeff has been providing SEO, SEM, social and digital marketing analytics consulting in Singapore. His approach is to look at his customers' businesses from first principles and determine how best to reach and interact with their target audience using the available platforms and technology.
Recently he has advised customers on how to use new social channels for recruitment, using an analytical approach to optimize spend and demonstrate ROI. Previous clients include Deutsche Bank, DBS, Siemens, JP Morgan, BASF, and Fujitsu - each of whom faced difficulty recruiting using other digital channels and experienced superior results on social media.
Before working in digital media, Jeff provided analytics training to Standard Chartered Bank, The Singapore Exchange, and hedge funds. Originally from Chicago, Jeff has worked on Internet information systems for 20 years, including 10 years of managing a team of system analysts at Thomson Reuters.
Jeff holds a BA in English from University Of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign), a Master's in Computing from Manchester Metropolitan University (UK), and a Master's in Financial Engineering from Nanyang Technological University (Singapore).
Jeff is also a proud father of 3 and enjoys spending time with family - as well as the rare moments of peace and quiet.