No events to show
Want to run this event in-house? Enquire about running this event in-house
LOOKING FOR ONLINE TRAINING? See our one-day digital leadership training course.
Moving Your Organisation into the Digital Age.
If you’re frustrated that digital is an afterthought in your company, then this workshop will help you change that. It will help you make a case for digital, introduce you to working methodologies that will refocus colleagues, and turn you into an advocate for digital best practice.
This one-day workshop will introduce you to techniques you can use to start transforming how your organisation sees digital. It will help you navigate culture, politics and departmental silos to move the digital function from an organisational bolt-on, to the heart of the business. It will show you how to improve your colleagues understanding of digital, and put you in a position to make a real difference in how your organisation operates.
Can we help? Call the team on 020 7970 4167 or email email@example.com.
The course will explore the most effective techniques used by organisations who have already undertaken substantial organisational change. It draws upon hundreds of hours of interviews carried out by your trainer, learning from individuals who have influenced those changes.
It is broken down into four manageable modules, each of which will include many examples and allow lots of time for discussion. In each of the modules you will learn the following:
Making the case for digital change:
- How to convince senior management and stakeholders of the need to change
- Explaining digital in a way colleagues understand
- Demonstrating the impact of digital on your organisation
- Motivating colleagues to care about digital
Introducing new working methodologies:
- Taking control of your company’s digital direction
- Adapting your working methodology to encourage change in others
- Using policies and procedures to establish best practice
- Working smarter and making your limited resources go further
Running digital projects:
- Why most digital projects fail to reach their potential
- How to work in a more digitally friendly way
- Introducing real testing to your projects
- Breaking the power of committees and introducing real collaboration
Changing company culture to be digital first:
- The steps towards becoming a digital first organisation
- Becoming digital advocates, not just digital implementers
- Improving colleagues’ understanding of digital and associated skills
- Overcoming resistance to change
Who should attend?
We have aimed this workshop at team leads who are responsible for some aspect of digital and find themselves frustrated in that role. Perhaps you are the head of an in-house digital team, run the I.T. department or are responsible for your company’s digital marketing.
If you find yourself struggling to do your job because colleagues do not see the full potential of digital, then this course is for you. But even if you have buy-in for change, this course will show you how to turn that buy-in into concrete action, and how to transform the theory of a digital-first company into a reality.
Course Requirements: A wi-fi enabled laptop is required for this course.
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Know how to convince senior management and stakeholders of the need to change
- Be capable of explaining digital in a way colleagues understand and get excited by
- Have new working methodologies that encourage best practice in others
- Know how to run best practice digital projects to ensure success
- Be able to prove your decisions and ability to deliver through robust testing
- Have a plan for smarter data-driven decision making
- Have a clear vision of the steps required to move your organisation towards being digital first
- Understand how you can improve the digital skills of colleagues across the organisation
- Know how to overcome resistance to digital adoption
This course can also be delivered exclusively for your team. In-company training ensures everyone is up to best practice standard and you'll benefit from a more open environment to discuss your most pressing issues.
Neil is a renowned blogger, writer and the founder of Only Dead Fish, a digital and media consultancy that specialises in applying strategic understanding of social and emerging media technologies to help businesses innovate and optimise their effectiveness within the new, networked communications environment.
Neil is a columnist for New Media Age, a regular keynote speaker across Europe on content strategy, emerging media, digital commercial strategy and social technologies, and writes regularly to BrandRepublic, FutureLab, Marketing Week, Mediatel and Canvas8 amongst others.
He has over 20 years' media owner experience and was latterly the Director of Marketing Strategy and Digital for IPC Media, the largest consumer publisher in the UK and publisher of multimedia brands including Wallpaper, Marie Claire and the NME. In this capacity he ran award-winning strategy, planning and consumer insight functions and was at the centre of defining and implementing the digital strategy for one of the largest media owners in the UK.
Neil is an associate of The Futures Agency, a collaboration of some of the world's leading media thinkers and futurists, and for people who like shiny things, has won more industry awards than just about anyone in UK media, with five awards to his name including a Campaign Award, two Media Week Awards and an Association of Online Publishers award.