Digital Leadership: Moving your Organisation into the Digital Age. This one-day workshop will introduce you to techniques you can use to start transforming how your organisation sees digital. It will show you how to improve your colleagues understanding of digital, and put you in a position to make a real difference in how your organisation operates. Can we help? Call the team on 020 7970 4167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
16 May 20191 day
Register3 places remaining
- £595.00 excl. VAT
28 August 20191 day
- Earlybird discount £535.50 excl. VAT
- £595.00 excl. VAT
Want to run this event in-house? Enquire about running this event in-house
This course will help you navigate culture, politics and departmental silos to move the digital function from an organisational bolt-on, to the heart of the business.
If you’re frustrated that digital is an afterthought in your company, then this workshop will help you change that. It will help you make a case for digital, introduce you to working methodologies that will refocus colleagues, and turn you into an advocate for digital best practice.
The course will explore the most effective techniques used by organisations who have already undertaken substantial organisational change. It draws upon hundreds of hours of interviews carried out by your trainer, learning from individuals who have
influenced those changes.
The course is broken down into four manageable modules each of which will include many examples and allow lots of time for discussion. In each of the modules you will learn the following:
Making the case for digital change:
- How to convince senior management and stakeholders of the need to change
- Explaining digital in a way colleagues understand
- Demonstrating the impact of digital on your organisation
- Motivating colleagues to care about digital
Introducing new working methodologies:
- Taking control of your company’s digital direction
- Adapting your working methodology to encourage change in others
- Using policies and procedures to establish best practice
- Working smarter and making your limited resources go further
Running digital projects:
- Why most digital projects fail to reach their potential
- How to work in a more digitally friendly way
- Introducing real testing to your projects
- Breaking the power of committees and introducing real collaboration
Changing company culture to be digital first:
- The steps towards becoming a digital first organisation
- Becoming digital advocates, not just digital implementers
- Improving colleagues’ understanding of digital and associated skills
- Overcoming resistance to change
Who should attend?
We have aimed this workshop at team leads who are responsible for some aspect of digital and find themselves frustrated in that role. Perhaps you are the head of an in-house digital team, run the I.T. department or are responsible for your company’s digital marketing.
If you find yourself struggling to do your job because colleagues do not see the full potential of digital, then this course is for you. But even if you have buy-in for change, this course will show you how to turn that buy-in into concrete action, and how to transform the theory of a digital-first company into a reality.
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Know how to convince senior management and stakeholders of the need to change
- Be capable of explaining digital in a way colleagues understand and get excited by
- Have new working methodologies that encourage best practice in others
- Know how to run best practice digital projects to ensure success
- Be able to prove your decisions and ability to deliver through robust testing
- Have a plan for smarter data-driven decision making
- Have a clear vision of the steps required to move your organisation towards being digital first
- Understand how you can improve the digital skills of colleagues across the organisation
- Know how to overcome resistance to digital adoption
This course can also be delivered exclusively for your team. In-company training ensures everyone is up to best practice standard and you'll benefit from a more open environment to discuss your most pressing issues.
Paul Boag is a digital transformation consultant with 23 years’ experience of working with clients such as Doctors Without Borders, PUMA and Centrica to bring about organisational change. He has written five books on various aspects of digital, including Digital Adaptation on which he has based this workshop. Paul speaks internationally on digital transformation and user experience culture, as well as hosting the award winning Boagworld podcast. He has carried out hundreds of hours of interviews with change agents in a large number of organisations to understand what drives organisational change. The observations from these interviews are built into his training and are why he is much in demand as a consultant.