Is Google dominant everywhere? Find out with our infographic showing search engine market shares across 10 countries around the world.
We were conducting research into search engine market shares around the world and couldn’t find a source that could give us details for more than a few countries, so we created an infographic summarising market shares around the world.
The data has been drawn from various sources, including Comscore, Hitwise, Statcounter and several others.
Search engine market shares around the world – Q4 2010
- Google is hugely dominant in Western Europe with 90%+ market share of the search sector.
- Google is most dominant in Spain and Italy.
- Google is least dominant the more West you go (USA) and the further East (China, Japan).
- Comparing this data to Q4 2009:
- Google has grown its market share in all markets other than in China.
- Bing’s market share has grown in most markets.
- Yahoo’s market share has fallen in most markets.
- Other serach engines have had their market share cannibalised by Google, Bing, Yahoo, and Baidu.