1. Introduction Paid search has many different channels with a high degree of customisation. Before advertisers set their accounts up and start to structure their campaigns, it is essential that there is a proper plan and strategy in place. This is regardless of whether advertisers are working with an agency or managing the whole process […]
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Best Practice Guide
Econsultancy’s new and updated series of SEO Best Practice Guides contains everything marketers need to know about search engine optimisation, whether they work for an in-house client-side team, independently, or for an agency.
PPC Best Practice Guide
Econsultancy’s refreshed and updated series of Paid Search Best Practice guides covers everything you need to know about the complex, though potentially very lucrative, area of paid search advertising.
Search and the coronavirus crisis
As businesses search for ways to reach their customers through purely digital channels, Google wants to position itself as essential to their online operations.
Should your hotel maintain, slow or pause paid advertising activity? What other opportunities are there during the Covid-19 crisis?
On 21st April, Google announced that it would be free for merchants in the United States to list products on Google Shopping from the week commencing 27th April, with the change rolling out to the rest of the world “before the end of the year”.
1. Introduction When it comes to being a smarter online marketer, it is necessary to start thinking beyond SEO, particularly when it comes to analytics. Even professionals whose jobs are focused on SEO can learn from other channels and the data they provide. Businesses who are doing more than just search engine optimisation should be […]
1. Introduction Benchmarking a company’s performance against an external measure may seem challenging, but with an understanding of the types of benchmarking processes and which information to benchmark within each type companies can ensure they are measuring the right changes. Auditing a company’s performance against various metrics is an important part of understanding where the […]
1. Introduction The majority of a paid search practitioner’s time will be spent analysing and optimising performance of ads and campaigns. In a dynamic industry, where new features are constantly being released and the competitive marketplace changes daily, an efficient and robust optimisation strategy will help advertisers stay ahead of the curve and maintain relevance […]
On-page and landing pages
1. Introduction What happens when visitors get to a company website? Where is the best place for them to land? How can brands get visitors to do what they want them to do? If the marketer has successfully identified the user’s needs, how can they determine which pages clearly deliver on that promise, and which pages […]
This is an excerpt taken from Econsultancy’s Paid Search Optimisation Best Practice Guide.
1. Introduction In order to rank well for keywords, especially competitive ones, a page needs to be well optimised. From the title tag through to the content, on-page optimisation may improve ranking through focusing content and ensuring the signals sent to search engines are as clear as possible. There are other ranking factors, including links, […]
1. Introduction Technical SEO can mean the difference between a website ranking well or not ranking at all. Technical SEO skills have become increasingly important because search engines such as Google factor site performance into their algorithms, especially given the growth of mobile. Each technical, design and content decision will affect technical SEO. However, technical […]
The importance of structured data, a type of code that makes the content of webpages easier for search engines to interpret, is frequently emphasised in advice articles and presentations about SEO.
1. Introduction Google and Bing are not static search engines – constant improvements and changes are happening on their platforms on a daily basis. As some of these changes significantly impact the search results, they are reported in updates, sometimes unverified but often acknowledged by the search engine. The single word names of these changes, […]
Using a combination of SEO, content marketing, paid media, web development and web design, guarantor lender Buddy Loans boosts its conversion rates by 17%, and sees more than 5,000 additional loan sign ups.
Flexflooring works with Reflect Digital to identify long tail keywords that would grow organic traffic and establish the brand as an authority
NMPi uses data analysis and ad split testing to shape the online sport retailer’s display and shopping campaigns and take advantage of high conversion rates among female shoppers.
Local and international search
1. Introduction This report has been written to help businesses understand the fundamental steps required to effectively set up and expand international SEO efforts and win international markets. While there are no shortcuts, following this guide will help the business focus its international digital strategy in the most efficient way for that market. The success […]
1. Introduction “Big companies forget about local. Small businesses need local SEO to survive.” Andrew Cock-Starkey, SEO Consultant, Optimisey For single location businesses as well as global franchise operations, location is becoming increasingly important. When done well, local SEO has the potential to drive significant traffic to a brand website or to a storefront or […]
1. Introduction This report explores some of the worldwide opportunities for expansion across a range of territories and languages, before moving on to some of the practical considerations that must be kept in mind when planning to launch a PPC campaign in a new market. Although it is relatively straightforward to target new countries in […]
Well, here we are. We’ve made it to 2020, the year that so many believed would be a milestone for voice search, because allegedly, 50% of all search queries by 2020 were going to be conducted via voice.
Introduction Voice assistants and voice interfaces are becoming increasingly embedded into our everyday lives. Each new wave of technology brings new ways for us to talk to our devices. From smartphones, which brought us the first modern digital voice assistant Siri, to smart speakers such as Amazon Echo and Google Home, to the emerging generation […]
Five years on from the initial launch of the Amazon Echo in November 2014, many would claim that we’re in the midst of a ‘voice revolution’.
What search marketing is and how paid and organic search aid visibility.
Key good practice insights for external link building and management.
Discover which factors and on-site capabilities determine where you rank.
What PPC is, how it works, the different ad formats and the importance of optimisation.
How to approach keyword analysis and the impact of different types of keywords on CPC.
Learn how shoppers are using voice and what this means to marketers.
Learn some of the key ways to track and measure PPC performance.
Learn some of the key ways to track and measure SEO performance aligned with business goals.
An introduction to SEO: why it’s important and how it works. Learn about the key principles of SEO and be introduced to on-page and off-page activity, along with keyword research and how to apply it.
Gain an understanding of Paid Search and PPC, how it works, and how it differs from SEO. Learn about the auction model and how this affects costs, along with keywords, key phrases and targeting options.
1. Introduction Shopping campaigns operate on the same cost-per-click (CPC) model as their Search ad counterparts. The main difference between the ad types is that Shopping ads provide an image and price of each product, making these results highly appealing to consumers. In recent years, Google Shopping has continued to experience sustained growth and is […]
1. Introduction Video advertising can be an effective, eye-catching medium for building brand awareness when done properly. As more video content is consumed online, it makes sense that brands will want to follow suit with rich media video adverts promoting their brands. Unlike text ads in traditional paid search, video ads open up a whole […]
Henry Carless, PPC and Data Science Specialist at search agency Vertical Leap, shares some advice for optimising PPC campaigns.
Björn Darko, VP Product, Searchmetrics, sets our six ways to use search data in pursuit of content marketing success.
Artificial intelligence and machine learning have captured a lot of attention in recent years but they’re part of a much larger subset of technologies, called intelligent automation.
Find search marketing trends – visit the ISD
Browse, save and export more search-related statistics and charts in the Internet Statistics Database. Constantly updated to reflect the latest findings.