1. Introduction Video advertising can be an effective, eye-catching medium for building brand awareness when done properly. As more video content is consumed online, it makes sense that brands will want to follow suit with rich media video adverts promoting their brands. Unlike text ads in traditional paid search, video ads open up a whole […]
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Best Practice Guide
Econsultancy’s new and updated series of SEO Best Practice Guides contains everything marketers need to know about search engine optimisation, whether they work for an in-house client-side team, independently, or for an agency.
1. Introduction This report explores some of the worldwide opportunities for expansion across a range of territories and languages, before moving on to some of the practical considerations that must be kept in mind when planning to launch a PPC campaign in a new market. Although it is relatively straightforward to target new countries in […]
1. Introduction A sound knowledge of how marketing channels are operated and optimised is vital for success in paid search. The level of dependency on paid search as a channel fluctuates from industry to industry and business to business. The most successful campaigns understand where paid search fits in the wider picture and how to […]
1. Introduction Paid search has many different channels with a high degree of customisation. Before advertisers set their accounts up and start to structure their campaigns, it is essential that there is a proper plan and strategy in place. This is regardless of whether advertisers are working with an agency or managing the whole process […]
1. Introduction The majority of a paid search practitioner’s time will be spent analysing and optimising performance of ads and campaigns. In a dynamic industry, where new features are constantly being released and the competitive marketplace changes daily, an efficient and robust optimisation strategy will help advertisers stay ahead of the curve and maintain relevance […]
1. Introduction Google Ads, the primary platform for paid search, reported 78 new features on its announcement page in 2019 alone, demonstrating the incredible pace of change in this space and the need to constantly stay informed about updates in paid search. Taking on board the latest developments, this report explores the basics of paid […]
1. Introduction Benchmarking a company’s performance against an external measure may seem challenging, but with an understanding of the types of benchmarking processes and which information to benchmark within each type companies can ensure they are measuring the right changes. Auditing a company’s performance against various metrics is an important part of understanding where the […]
1. Changes in SEO Contributor The following report has been written by Chris Green, Head of Search at StrategiQ. The following report summarises the key changes in search since 2016, when the last Econsultancy SEO Best Practice Guide was published. Changes to SEO came thick and fast during that period, and show no sign of […]
1. Introduction There are search engine rules, as well as legal regulations, which govern all accessible internet content. All activities that happen on the internet are governed by these rules and regulations. Non-adherence to search engine rules can result in reduced visibility, while violation of the regulations can result in hefty fines and even imprisonment. […]
1. Introduction The value of proper search engine optimisation (SEO) should not be underestimated. Whether it increases the visibility of a business within search engine results, or reduces the cost per click by assisting the page quality score, optimisation is important to businesses. This report explores the basics of how most English language search engines […]
PPC Best Practice Guide
Econsultancy’s refreshed and updated series of Paid Search Best Practice guides covers everything you need to know about the complex, though potentially very lucrative, area of paid search advertising.
What is Google Discover, and how can you increase your chances of being featured?
In recent months, many content publishers have been enjoying higher levels of mobile traffic from a new source: Google’s Discover feed.
Discover has the potential to drive valuable extra traffic to publishers – and it can be optimised for. Here’s how, and why you might want to.
Articles on search
As businesses search for ways to reach their customers through purely digital channels, Google wants to position itself as essential to their online operations.
Should your hotel maintain, slow or pause paid advertising activity? What other opportunities are there during the Covid-19 crisis?
Separating fact from fiction in SEO can be really difficult.
On 21st April, Google announced that it would be free for merchants in the United States to list products on Google Shopping from the week commencing 27th April, with the change rolling out to the rest of the world “before the end of the year”.
The search community is constantly awash with rumours about how search is changing. It’s sometimes difficult to know what to believe, so in this post I review five popular rumours that are currently doing the rounds. How valid are they? And what is the real impact they are likely to have? Rumour 1: Mobile is […]
Today, optimizing for search is optimizing your customer’s experience. As people query a search engine on their laptop, ask a voice assistant for help, or use their mobile device to find nearby solutions to their needs, brands must be positioned to appear in these critical decision-making moments.
In 2020, Instagram is a major force in social media. With more than one billion active users every month, it is increasingly the place to be for many businesses who want to promote themselves – and since the introduction of Instagram Checkout in early 2019, a place for businesses to sell their products directly.
The ongoing outbreak of novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) has created a global emergency and some of the companies whose products can potentially help individuals stop the spread of the disease are using rapid-response marketing to reach consumers who are concerned about their safety.
In 2019, Google updated the look of its mobile search results pages (SERPs), displaying a website’s favicon and moving the name of the website to the the top of the results card. It also changed the appearance of ads in the SERPs, featuring a black bolded “Ad” label at the top of the card along with the website URL.
Well, here we are. We’ve made it to 2020, the year that so many believed would be a milestone for voice search, because allegedly, 50% of all search queries by 2020 were going to be conducted via voice.
Your stats round up for this week features CX, voice search, the gaming industry and marketers’ top objectives.
Last summer, Chinese search giant Baidu made headlines by becoming one of the leading players in the Chinese – and global – smart speaker markets, seemingly out of nowhere.
Local SEO Best Practice Guide
This report examines the business opportunities of local SEO and advises how to prioritise and build a local SEO strategy.
18 stats that show how search and SEO are changing
It has been more than two decades since some of the earliest web search engines were launched. During that time, the act of searching the web has changed almost beyond recognition.
Voice in 2020 is (still) not about search
Well, here we are. We’ve made it to 2020, the year that so many believed would be a milestone for voice search, because allegedly, 50% of all search queries by 2020 were going to be conducted via voice. I think most people by now are aware that this stat is, to use the technical term, bunk.
Using a combination of SEO, content marketing, paid media, web development and web design, guarantor lender Buddy Loans boosts its conversion rates by 17%, and sees more than 5,000 additional loan sign ups.
Agency Digital Clarity helps The Clean Space net more leads using a channel it has never used before and exceed its yearly sales target by 60%.
Lastminute.com boosts site traffic and wins back market share with an SEO and content led campaign.
Find search marketing trends – visit the ISD
Browse, save and export more search-related statistics and charts in the Internet Statistics Database. Constantly updated to reflect the latest findings.