SEO Best Practice Reports
1. Introduction Technical SEO can mean the difference between a website ranking well or not ranking at all. Technical SEO skills have become increasingly important because search engines such as Google factor site performance into their algorithms, especially given the growth of mobile. Each technical, design and content decision will affect technical SEO. However, technical […]
1. Introduction In order to rank well for keywords, especially competitive ones, a page needs to be well optimised. From the title tag through to the content, on-page optimisation may improve ranking through focusing content and ensuring the signals sent to search engines are as clear as possible. There are other ranking factors, including links, […]
1. Introduction Google and Bing are not static search engines – constant improvements and changes are happening on their platforms on a daily basis. As some of these changes significantly impact the search results, they are reported in updates, sometimes unverified but often acknowledged by the search engine. The single word names of these changes, […]
1. Introduction The following report summarises the key changes in search since 2016. Changes to SEO have come thick and fast since then, and show no sign of slowing. One thing that has not changed since the last iteration of this report is Google’s dominance over the English speaking and European markets, and so this […]
1. Introduction Benchmarking a company’s performance against an external measure may seem challenging, but with an understanding of the types of benchmarking processes and which information to benchmark within each type companies can ensure they are measuring the right changes. Auditing a company’s performance against various metrics is an important part of understanding where the […]
1. Introduction There are search engine rules, as well as legal regulations, which govern all accessible internet content. All activities that happen on the internet are governed by these rules and regulations. Non-adherence to search engine rules can result in reduced visibility, while violation of the regulations can result in hefty fines and even imprisonment. […]
1. Introduction The value of proper search engine optimisation (SEO) should not be underestimated. Whether it increases the visibility of a business within search engine results, or reduces the cost per click by assisting the page quality score, optimisation is important to businesses. This report explores the basics of how most English language search engines […]
1. Introduction This report has been written to help businesses understand the fundamental steps required to effectively set up and expand international SEO efforts and win international markets. While there are no shortcuts, following this guide will help the business focus its international digital strategy in the most efficient way for that market. The success […]
1. Introduction Google and other search engines have always worked on the simple premise that if they can understand what content is popular with users, they can understand what websites to return for a search query. This quest to better understand what is popular underpins so many of the changes that search engines have made […]
1. Introduction Link building is the practice of acquiring a link from a relevant site to a target site. In order to rank well, a webpage must include links, due to the way that search engines understand relevance. This means that businesses should have a link building strategy in place. Having a strategy that is […]
1. Introduction What happens when visitors get to a company website? Where is the best place for them to land? How can brands get visitors to do what they want them to do? If the marketer has successfully identified the user’s needs, how can they determine which pages clearly deliver on that promise, and which pages […]
1. Introduction Audience analysis and keyword/keyphrase selection is exceptionally important in order to ensure the visibility of a website. Without understanding who a business is targeting and what words they are typing into a search engine, it is exceptionally difficult to cut through the noise in the search results and be visible. For a business […]
1. Introduction When it comes to being a smarter online marketer, it is necessary to start thinking beyond SEO, particularly when it comes to analytics. Even professionals whose jobs are focused on SEO can learn from other channels and the data they provide. Businesses who are doing more than just search engine optimisation should be […]
What search marketing is and how paid and organic search aid visibility.
Key good practice insights for external link building and management.
Discover which factors and on-site capabilities determine where you rank.
What PPC is, how it works, the different ad formats and the importance of optimisation.
How to approach keyword analysis and the impact of different types of keywords on CPC.
Learn how shoppers are using voice and what this means to marketers.
Learn some of the key ways to track and measure PPC performance.
Learn some of the key ways to track and measure SEO performance aligned with business goals.
An introduction to SEO: why it’s important and how it works. Learn about the key principles of SEO and be introduced to on-page and off-page activity, along with keyword research and how to apply it.
Gain an understanding of Paid Search and PPC, how it works, and how it differs from SEO. Learn about the auction model and how this affects costs, along with keywords, key phrases and targeting options.
Articles on SEO
Björn Darko, VP of product at Searchmetrics, explains the power of search data, which some brands are exploring, and how it can be added to your market research armoury to support insight and decision making
For brands who primarily sold to or interacted with customers via a physical venue, the Covid-19 pandemic and the lockdown that it brought prompted an abrupt shift towards finding ways to interact with customers in the digital realm instead. This was particularly true for beverage company Diageo, which owns drinks brands like Guinness, Baileys, Smirnoff, […]
In a new report written by Econsultancy in partnership with DeepCrawl, we explore the value of SEO and organic search in striving for top digital performance. In particular, we explore the strategies to effectively align investments to marketing goals, challenges frequently experienced and approaches to overcoming barriers.
From fixed URL structure to international setup and performance optimisation – Vervaunt MD Paul Rogers and NOVOS Founder Sam Hurley go through 10 technical Shopify SEO considerations.
With a gradual lifting of restrictions on travel, consumers are beginning to cautiously consider venturing abroad. How can travel and hospitality brands capitalise on increasing search interest in travel and inspire confidence in the sector?
The meta description that accompanies your website or webpage in search results can determine whether or not a searcher clicks through to your site. Here are some tips on how to write a good one and why meta descriptions are important, along with 33 best practice examples from around the web.
A range of factors determine a good link from a bad or inconsequential one. In this article we look at seven ways to evaluate an inbound link. This is an excerpt from Econsultancy’s SEO Best Practice: Link Strategy and Tactics Guide.
Google has announced a new signal dubbed Page Experience that it plans to incorporate into a ranking change sometime next year. Here’s what you need to know about it.
Separating fact from fiction in SEO can be really difficult.
The search community is constantly awash with rumours about how search is changing. It’s sometimes difficult to know what to believe, so in this post I review five popular rumours that are currently doing the rounds. How valid are they? And what is the real impact they are likely to have? Rumour 1: Mobile is […]
Today, optimizing for search is optimizing your customer’s experience. As people query a search engine on their laptop, ask a voice assistant for help, or use their mobile device to find nearby solutions to their needs, brands must be positioned to appear in these critical decision-making moments.
In 2020, Instagram is a major force in social media. With more than one billion active users every month, it is increasingly the place to be for many businesses who want to promote themselves – and since the introduction of Instagram Checkout in early 2019, a place for businesses to sell their products directly.
The ongoing outbreak of novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) has created a global emergency and some of the companies whose products can potentially help individuals stop the spread of the disease are using rapid-response marketing to reach consumers who are concerned about their safety.
Companies that offer online tax preparation in the US will no longer be able to hide their free filing offerings from search engines after an exposé revealed that they were engaging in the practice.
In recent months, many content publishers have been enjoying higher levels of mobile traffic from a new source: Google’s Discover feed.
Templates for Marketing Projects
Need to convince your boss that search engine optimisation is right for your company? Want to be sure you spend your budget in the best possible way? Our Business Case can help by providing research, tips and information from the experts.
If you’re considering working with a search engine optimisation (SEO) agency, our Request for Proposal (RFP) template and guidance notes will improve your procurement process.
What does a good SEO audit look like? What should you expect? Download this template to understand some of the factors you should consider when assessing your site.
Is your RFP process protecting your business interests? This template provides you with a checklist of SEO requirements to include in your RFP, to ensure that the platform delivered enables you to optimise content to support SEO goals.
Fast Track SEO Marketing
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is becoming increasingly tricky. This training course will enable you to build an organic search marketing strategy that will attract more of the right visitors to your website, boost online conversions and stand out in today’s fiercely competitive online marketplace.
1-day course | various dates | London