Introduction This guide summarises the key findings from Econsultancy’s Skills of the Modern Marketer report, which examines the changing marketing landscape and the key skills required to be successful in this environment. It outlines three of the most important areas for marketers to focus on – knowledge of marketing concepts, understanding of data as a […]
Research, Trends and Best Practice
2. Executive Summary Marketing operations (MOPS) has developed to balance the instability, complexity and rapid change that define modern marketing. High performing companies rely on their operations function to provide the foundation from which the rest of the marketing division can operate. The 2019 Marketing Operations Maturity Benchmarking Report looks at what businesses have achieved […]
1. Foreword When I ask senior marketers to tell me what marketing framework they are most familiar with, they often suggest the 4Ps (Product, Price, Place and Promotion). This model was first published in 1960 by American marketing professor Edmund Jerome McCarthy in his book Basic Marketing: A Managerial Approach. This was in an era of […]
"Globally, 74% of CEOs say they are concerned about the availability of key skills in their organisation’s growth prospects"
Browse and export thousands of charts, statistics and market data like this, in the Internet Statistics Database. Constantly updated to reflect the latest findings.
From the Blog
Lisa-Marie Ashbury is the Digital Delivery Manager at security firm, ADT. We caught up with Lisa-Marie to find out what life is like working in her role. Hi Lisa-Marie. Please describe your job: What do you do? As a Digital Delivery Manager, my job is an all-encompassing digital role across ADT Fire & Security. Predominantly, […]
In such a rapidly evolving industry, where skills and technologies tend to be out of date within just a few years, creating a culture of continuous learning can be a challenge.
In recent years, businesses have made vast changes by adapting their applications and infrastructure to the cloud, or off-site to create scalability, on-demand computing and cost reductions.
Investing in a Learning Management System (LMS) for your organisation is a great way to promote internal learning and development, and make extra training opportunities available to your workforce that will be there whenever they have the desire to learn.
A culture of learning and development (L&D) is crucial for companies that want to compete in industries facing disruption.
In a recent presentation at Mumrella360, Mark Ritson showed a graph that really caught my eye.
Skills of the Modern Marketer Webinar
This Econsultancy webinar touched at key trends from the Skills of the Modern Marketer report which has three main objectives:
- To identify the key skills required for a successful career in modern marketing.
- To identify some of the key issues, challenges and opportunities around developing modern marketing skills.
- To provide marketers with guidance in terms of what skills they need to think about developing in the near future.